Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Bow for sale

Calif. Hunter

If anyone is interested, a guy is selling a PSE Spirit bow, and sounds like he's pretty willing to deal. He's in Virginia, and I would have no idea what to offer. Would this be a good set up for a beginner like me? You can see his post at www.jesseshuntingpage.com/forums in the trading post section. Maybe one of you might be interested.

Calif.Hunter, If I were you I would first go down to a GOOD bow shop in your area and get some info.
Your draw leinght is going to be first and most important.
If the bow wont fit YOU it will not matter how good a deal it is.
Try as many bow as you can----they all feel different in your hand.
This will let you know what to look for if you buy a used bow.
Once you know all the details,check out ebay and any bow manufacture site's to get a feel for how much they go for.
From what I have learned (not a lot)LOL a bow isnt like a rifle where you can take other's out and let them try it out.
If it doesnt fit and isnt set up for the person shooting it ,it just doesnt shot well.
So many little things go into it.

I would not buy a used bow unless I have handled that modle and know it can be set up for me.
I held quite a few before I found one that fit my hand and felt good.
Find a GOOD pro shop around you so you will have help setting it up right.
lots of bow's out there and lot's of price difference.
But keep in mine-a friend of our's just shot a nice Bull in new mexico with an( old spoad )of a bow
:D we tease him all the time about his old bow and how slow and out dated it is.
The laugh is on us LOL it shoots good and fit's him,and has taken alot of game.
So it isnt always the newest fastest bow that gets the game.
But fit ,feel and set up is real important.
Hey, you can have my bow :D the darn thing didnt shoot for crap this year ,im sure its the bow and not ME ;) ;)

Back