Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Wyoming or Montana????

Ridge Runner

Guys.. Just got back from a hunt with the family and friends and we are thinking of hunting Antelope next year. My question is it easire to get tags in Wyoming or Montana?? If possible I would like to try and get in a mule deer hunt also around the same time. Is this possible with any of these two states and if so what regions shoukld we be looking into. I called the Wyoming fish and game and the lady was very nice and told me to look into the north eastern areas of the state. We would settle for doe tags for antelope also. Any ideas would be appreciated.

You will draw here no problem. Probably on both species. Your problem will be finding good tracts of public land to hunt. If you don't mind paying to hunt on some private land, go for it. If you don't want to pay, I would say start getting your points for another mule deer hunt later.

sreekers.. Thanks for the info. Looks like I missed the deadline to buy the points. This hunt just came up in camp last week so still have time to plan something and look into some area. Would contacting the chamber of commerce for some areas be a good idea to get some land owners names and start checking into fees? we're new to hunting Wyoming.

Back