Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Wyoming Guided Options with 1- max points

Montana Advocate

Members,

A buddy and I are going to pull a WY elk tag in 2017. We have 1 less than max points. Looking at going guided, and prefer a backcountry hunt vs. a lodge-based hunt, but we can be convinced otherwise. Archery is definitely preferred. With the special elk price and cost of guide/hunt, we want to keep it in the $7-8K each range if possible. Another option is to purchase 2 governor's tags, with the tax write-off would bring the actual price down in that range, although that would then have to be a DIY hunt in any unit in the state.

I'm considering 45 or 61, but would appreciate thoughts of those more in the know. We are both in our late 30's, and experienced hunters. I've taken 3 archery bulls the past 4 years, but my biggest is 305/310, and I'm looking for a legitimate chance on something 320-340, with the remote possibility of something bigger. I want out of the points game so I can hunt the general tag every year, or every other year.

Any positive advice or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks.

MA

you may look at outfitters in unit 64, also. Those front units are all producers of big bulls-and big grizzlies. Q-Creek in central Wyoming will get you on a lot of bulls, with chances at a 340+ bull and there is also some big ones in 111 and 22 if you can get to them.

I'd love a 16 or 22 tag, but looks like that is about another decade out given the fact I got in the game late on the points.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back