PEAX Equipment

Wyoming Elk units

kingfisher

I have wo pref points for elk going into the 2008 draw. Do you guys think that is enough points to get in some of the better units? I have read about some of the units, not sure yet where I would apply?

I may have to go solo. I have a friend with 1 point. My oldest son has not started applying as of yet. College has got in the way. If anyone is looking for a hunting partner for the 2008 season let me know.

Thanks
Bob

2 points ?
No, most of the better units have no more than a few dozen non resident tags, and there are about twenty or thirty thousand people with two elk points.
You will have a real good chance at a "general" tag.
For a limited entery tag, you will need lots of luck, or about seven more points.

Thanks A-con, that is the kind of info I am looking for.

Is it true if you list a hard to draw unit as the first choice and you draw the 2nd choice you do not lose your pref points?

Wasn't there like 22,500 the first year? How many used their points to draw last year? IS there somewhere you can find the numbers for the max pint pool.

I am planning on points only for the next couple years as I have other trips planned, then starting to apply for the appropraite zones.

Hey, what link/page would show a guy draw odds for various units around the state...for non res...deer/elk...etc..

Thanks a million. Navigating that Wyo site is crazy..

E

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJS4KIDS
Back