NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Wyoming Corner Crossing Defense Fund

The G&F warden has filed his report with the County Attorney. It is up to her to file charges of harassment. This is how G&F kept out of the fray. The warden told me he didn't have anything more than "he said, he said" evidence and that he wouldn't write the citation based on that. IMO that is weak.
One of the funnier moments of closing arguments was when Steve Grende sticking his head in the hunters tent was referred to as an "airspace violation". ( Possibly not exact wording)

I'm very grateful WY BHA stepped up and these 4 hunters stuck with it.

Anyways, kudos to those who supported this effort. Meateater, WY BHA, all the individuals who donated...really proud of all of them.
I agree with you, but you left out another person that deserves a lot of credit, JM77.

Hardly seems right he isn't recognized in this effort.

Rob please explain how cc opens up areas to exploitation.
I'm not arguing against CC. It's was just a muse on how anything good seems to come with a downside.

I'm talking about exploitation on private land inside checkerboard, which could seriously fragment habitat. My logic is that if we can cross through the air it is possible a landowner can make the same argument and use a temporary bridge to go over the corner. However, if the basis is unlawful exclusion, which would acknowledge ownership of the air but not the right to exclude passage, then it might not go the other way.

My son in-law is a prosecutor, not in Wyoming and here is his reaction to this case

"This is an embarrassment to prosecutors everywhere. Every minute spent on this case was a minute not spent working on convicting actual criminals. "
Where is your SIL a prosecutor? I reckon it's a lonely and difficult profession in our country's current context.

I agree with you, but you left out another person that deserves a lot of credit, JM77.

Hardly seems right he isn't recognized in this effort.
Thank you for identifying others who've helped...and if there are companies who were a big help I'd like to know all of them too. I literally canceled subscriptions when certain hunter/diy companies stayed silent/neutral on this topic...I'd rather support those who stepped up.

The G&F warden has filed his report with the County Attorney. It is up to her to file charges of harassment. This is how G&F kept out of the fray. The warden told me he didn't have anything more than "he said, he said" evidence and that he wouldn't write the citation based on that. IMO that is weak.
Weak, indeed. Sounds like this guy really dropped the ball.

Thanks for all your work on this issue JM77 and @BuzzH and perhaps others on here. We're a long way from the victory I'm hoping for on this issue, but I'm really pleased that the attention has been brought and that we've seen so much support from the larger hunting and fishing world. It feels like this could be a watershed moment and people might be ready to demand access to their public lands. Please let us know how we can help going forward.

Thank you for identifying others who've helped...and if there are companies who were a big help I'd like to know all of them too. I literally canceled subscriptions when certain hunter/diy companies stayed silent/neutral on this topic...I'd rather support those who stepped up.
Company wise...public land T's out of Cody Wyoming donated $5,000 to the GoFundMe.

Company wise...public land T's out of Cody Wyoming donated $5,000 to the GoFundMe.
Thanks for mentioning this Buzz. I hope to see them next week and will purchase items that support what I believe in. If they are not there, I will order when I get home.

At least this is going on in WY. A little harder to pass laws against the general hunting public. If this was going down on MT, the land of outfitters and wealthy landowners, I'd be very scared for the war.
Better hunt unit Elk Mountain Ranch's "accessible public parcels" while you still can. Application changes can be made up until May 9.

One thing for us to keep an eye on now is the Wyoming legislature's Judiciary commitee. Their #1 interim topic is trespassing. They meet May 23rd and 24th in Lander. No agenda or meeting materials available yet, but go sign up to get them when they're available.

Correct. Here's an article addressing the matter regardless of the outcome of this tresspassing case:

"HB0103 – Prohibit travel across private land for hunting purposes would amend existing hunter trespass laws that a Wyoming attorney general has stated may not apply to corner crossing."

@Buzz: does the outcome of the Carbon County case improve Peter Dube's interest in giving the BHA a commissioner tag again?

Weak, indeed. Sounds like this guy really dropped the ball.
Not necessarily many cases that is all you have when speaking with witnesses. Unless someone video taped the incident of possible hunter harassment it's a "he said he said" on the open plains of WY. Besides the DA office has already shown were they stand on this issue. With the money sadly.

Correct. Here's an article addressing the matter regardless of the outcome of this tresspassing case:

"HB0103 – Prohibit travel across private land for hunting purposes would amend existing hunter trespass laws that a Wyoming attorney general has stated may not apply to corner crossing."

@Buzz: does the outcome of the Carbon County case improve Peter Dube's interest in giving the BHA a commissioner tag again?
That bill didn't get introduced. However, I believe Rep Crago wrote it and he's on the Judiciary commitee. The issue that Bill was trying to address, the drone trespass bill, and certainly other issues will be talked about and drafted into a bill. Seriously, pay attention to what this committee comes up with. Committee bills tend to do better in the full legislature.

Reactions: JAG

I think Dube has made up his mind regarding public access.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back