Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Wyoming area 34 deer hunt

5Speedjim

I got out to Casper late Saturday night the 15th. Setup camp in the morning and got out Sunday afternoon for a while. Passed up a 4x4 on Monday morning. Wasn't bad but nothing special. I saw quite a few does & fawns all week. Spikes & fork horns were with some of the does, but most of the bigger bucks were by themselves. Saw 2 more 4x4's on Wednesday afternoon. On Saturday the 22nd it all changed. Whenever I found does on Saturday they had bucks with them. Nothing special but promising. Sunday morning passed another 4x4 that was following does around. 10 minutes later I saw some deer in the distance but couldn't get a good look at the buck. So early in the afternoon I hiked in to where I saw the deer in the morning. I setup on a hill to intercept the deer before they got back to the private property. He followed 2 does to his demise

Attachments

• IMG_2232.jpg
    IMG_2232.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 979
Very nice. We too noticed the bucks started giving the doe some attention before the 25th.

Thanks everyone. I had fun and can't wait to draw the tag again. I saw a deer at dark one night but couldn't make out antlers, just a real big body, but never saw it again. I'll hold out longer next time,maybe

I swear that's a bigger version of one of the bucks I passed on last year.Congrats

Back