Caribou Gear

Wyoming Antelope and Deer Draw Odds

Four22

My father and I are wanting to put in for deer and antelope in Wyoming this year. Can someone help me out with the odds of the tag portions listed below? I'm new to this and trying to understand everything before we apply.

Full price antelope unit 30
Special antelope unit 30

Full price deer unit 65
Soecial deer unit 65

Thanks for the help!!!

Zero points sadly... This is the first year we'll be putting in in over 10 years

First, go to this page and then click on the various links: https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Hunting/Drawing-Odds/2016-Drawing-Odds

For unit 30 in the regular random draw, your odds last year were 35 out of 127. In the special draw, there were 15 tags available and it received 0 first choice apps.
For deer, do the same thing.

As NoWiser asked, how many points do you have? If you have 1 point, 30 was 100% last year in the regular draw.

Correct me if I'm wrong but unit 30 for antelope with no points is a 35.86% chance of drawing and deer with no points is 100%?

I also noticed unit 65 type 3 says any white tailed deer.... do I need to apply for a general tag to be able to shoot a mule deer??

Thanks for the help guys and gals

You have to look at both draws.

In the preference point draw, 71 folks with 0 points drew out of 198 that applied for that 35.86% chance.

That left 127 people that did not draw that fell to the random draw pool. There were 35 available tags for those folks so 23.62% chance.

The end result is that there were 106 tags that went to 198 folks with 0 points. The math has a little fuzziness to it, but pretty close much a 53.5% chance to draw a tag with 0 points last year.

That is the regular priced draw. As mentioned above, it would have been a slam dunk in the special draw.

I'm not sure on the deer. 65-3 says any whitetail deer so you wouldn't be able to shoot a mule deer with that tag. It does look like 100% draw in even the regular priced draw though. Either they aren't there or you would have to get a Regional tag to shoot one if they are there.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back