Wyo Wildlife Task Force and the new outfitter/landowner draw proposal

My understanding is the new outfitter draw replaces the special draw, and everyone else just applies in a regular draw.
Kinda but you have to retain the services of an outfitter to be able to apply in that draw if I understand it right. Some years I could apply in the special if I needed better draw odds, but I couldn’t afford and outfitter.

Just sent my Response in. Maybe someone else that knows can Tell The Rest of us with this format answering each questions how are these comments looked
At? Since these weren’t emailed to Specific people how much Time will be spent reading the comments? Or will this be more of a comparing yes to No votes?
@BuzzH any info on that part?

if only we could get a task force to discuss, oh, I don’t know, wildlife management? but it seems all this one is interested in is foisting their latest grift.

Somebody needs to shut this line of reasoning down once and for all. The WY state gov, or Fish & Game, should not be sucked into playing favorites, picking economic winners/losers when it comes to wildlife. Forget NR, take our quota to friggin zero if you must. Outfitter set-aside proposals are a CON being played on the residents of WY.

86E25705-DFF7-47D1-BFD1-ADE4A7E6D30A.jpeg

Last edited:
Interesting wording on their last question regarding landowners receiving a portion of the outfitter tags, seemed like transferable landowner tags. Will these be private land only?

I made sure to let the task force know that as a resident of 26 years of this great State, their proposed 50% set aside is nothing short of welfare. I'm embarrassed that my county commissioner is one of those on the committee pushing for this the hardest.

all of the WYOGA constituents they are hoping to get fired up with pro comments don't even know they sometimes have to fight for what they want.. errr deserve, sorry.

half of them have never even touched a keyboard in their lives**

maybe this will be a slam dunk.

**dictated but not read - TOGIE

It would be interesting to see the number of Outfitted clients who apply in the special draw vs regular.
Agree. I imagine the % is high. I don’t think this solves the a problem at all. You just have too many applicants for not enough licenses. Residents get more of them in the 90/10 split, so they are happy. Now the NRs fight over the remaining %. I think this is going to affect the WFG budget no matter what happens.

The NR DIY hunter is going to continue to get the short end of the stick, and the preference point system is going to be nothing more than a glorified Ponzi scheme for them. If I was a NR hunter I'd be dumping points ASAP as they are going to become worthless as only a small % of tags will go to NR DIY hunters moving forward.

The Wyoming Task Force

TASK FORCE.PNG

With all of their STUPID ideas I am surprised that they even allow people to know who is on the task force.

Talk about embarrassing being a part of something that comes up with these IDIOTIC ideas. lol

This "Task Force" should be dismantled immediately before they ruin hunting forever in Wyoming. .

Last edited:
He is the Vice President of WYOGA, isn't he?
Yessir, will be getting a personal email on top of my online comments. I like Lee in general, he does support hunting and fishing rights which I applaud. I think he's missed the mark on this one though.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back