Yeti GOBOX Collection

WY Bull for Tom

BuzzH

Had a great hunt with a good friend of mine this week.

Tom and I have done some great hunts over the years and this one was a lot of fun for both of us.

The weather was pretty tough with very high winds, blizzard conditions, tough driving, and poor visibility.

But we did manage to find a dozen bulls on our best day of hunting in 2 different herds. Of those bulls, 7 were 6 points.

Tom and I located a band of bulls that had 2 that looked promising. A couple hours later after waiting out a blizzard, we finally got a good look at the 2 best bulls. Tom decided that the best 2 would be bulls that he would be happy with.

We took off and an hour later we were in position on a high ridge to watch as the bull slowly fed over the top, stopping every now and then to feed and spar. Once all the bulls fed over the top, we quickly closed the distance and got into rifle range. Tom looked them over and picked the bull he wanted. He shot the bull through the shoulder and the hunt was over.

I really like the shape of this bull and he didn't have even a chip out of antlers.

Tom and his Wyoming Bull:

DSC01002.JPG

Another look:

DSC0101612.JPG

I agree, great looking bull!!
Someday I'll find one of these mysterious bulls that get shot in the sage!!

That is a bull to be happy with, for sure. Love the front ends on that one. It was brutal down there last week. The windiest week of elk hunting I can recall. Congrats to anyone who took a bull under those conditions, especially a bull like Tom's.

Congratulations to both of you gentlemen. BuzzH, I don't ever recall thinking that you could look even slightly cold in all of your pictures......until now. Wind can be so dang brutal.

Wow, gorgeous bull. Must not have been a fighter to keep all those long tines intact. Congrats to Tom.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back