Wolves in CO???

arffdog875

Has anyone seen wolves in NW CO? I know DOW says there are NO wolves in CO!! The ranchers in Craig say otherwise...with livestock losses! My wife and I were driving down off the top of Douglas pass last weekend and saw what appeared to be a wolf putting a stalk on a calf (moo cow). We had seen many coyotes all day, just came over Baxter pass earlier that day. This one we saw hunting the cow was 3 times the size of the largest coyote we had ever seen. By the time we got pulled over we lost sight of him. I was just wondering if anyone else has seen anything that resembled a wolf in nw CO?

There's been a few found that far south. I wouldn't be surprised if you had some loners wandering around, but it would be tough for a pack to go undetected for long.

There have been confirmed sightings in Farson Wyoming for the last few years. Rumored sightings south of I-80 as well. My two sense is that they have made it that far and within several years will have established packs.

Don't expect DOW in CO to announce they have them for sure until there looks to be some type of resolution with the three states management plan. CO likely doesn't want to get involved in our headache ha.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
240shooter
Back