WNC2500 Southwest bound again (2023) (tags filled)

Up at 3am
Hit Nashville before morning rush hour. Hit rain for about an hour and I mean a hard rain. Only weather that I hit for 18.5 hrs.
Lots of turbines along 40……IMG_6363.jpegIMG_6364.jpegIMG_6366.jpegIMG_6369.jpeg
Pulled into Amarillo at 7:30pm. I’ve heard of this restaurant and it just so happened my hotel was beside it. Good steak. Ended up sitting beside a FL FWP guy and we talked hunting.

Sunday morning ended up walking/hiking 4.5 miles.
Sunday evening walked 5.5 miles trying to track down the elk. Wind was blowing strong north west, and never heard any bugles nor saw any elk this evening.

Saw a good herd of antelope with a nice buck that allowed me to get close (60 yards)
IMG_6392.jpegIMG_6391.jpeg

I certainly got a good bit of cardio in today. Wind is supposed to die down tomorrow.

Already walked 2.5 miles and still hearing bugles but they appear to be moving away. I am sitting down behind some junipers on this hillside to see if I can get glass on them. I can overlook another hillside, and some meadows. Bugling every now and then and hearing multiple bugles. Uh oh, this could be a decision maker.

OK, he is at 200 yards at the bottom of the above picture. He came through a chute on the right side of the above picture. I am a the top of the hillside above this road (up the hill from the road at the bottom of my picture) so I can possibly shoot him at 200 or closer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back