Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wilkinson's New Article - Bison unfairly cast as brucellosis villains

katqanna

Todd Wilkinson's new article, the 3rd in this series is out - Bison unfairly cast as brucellosis villains.

“A sketch of an elk was added after some protest, and we asked Tom why cattle weren’t on the stationery, too, since the whole point of the committee was to protect cattle,” he said. “Tom’s decision to put bison on the letterhead was deliberate, to deflect attention away from the ongoing controversy over elk in Wyoming. It worked.”

This article helps to lay the foundation of the politics involved with brucellosis in the GYA states of Wyoming, Montana and Idaho, and the machinery in place for bison, now targeting elk. Here is a map of the 23 feed grounds in Wyoming. Sorry about the image. I will probably need to create my own map for clarity. In a connecting note, last season CWD was recorded at 15 miles away from the feed grounds, the year before it was about 23 miles. Rumor is, and I need to confirm this with reports, it is 5 miles away this season.

Dr. Tom Roffe stated at a presentation of the documentary - Feeding the Problem, which Nancy and I set up last year, here in Bozeman, that the documented cases are not the worst of it. It is taking place in remote areas and being scavenged, not found by biologists. At the point you see elk dropping at the feed grounds, it is already too late.

Future articles will be covering more on this Greater Yellowstone Interagency Committee and the realities of the brucellosis disease.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back