Who doesn’t wear camo to hunt

I rarely wear camo pants. Normally mr green Jeans style pants and shirt.

From a distance I like to think that people think I’m a gene warden…I rarely have people stop me to talk. Lol

Last edited:
Just depends on what I’m buying. I have ended up with some really nice stuff over time picking it up through sales. Most of mine is camo because that’s what it came in, doesn’t add to the cool factor tho since most of it doesn’t match

I rarely wear camo pants. Normally me. green Jeans style pants and shirt.

From a distance I like to think that people think I’m a gene warden…I rarely have people stop me to talk. Lol
Lol I was dressed like that once at a boat ramp waiting for a buddy to show up. I had my binos and decided to have some fun. Stood on the dock glassing the lake. There were some very nervous arrivals to the ramp

Second hand store washed to death dull multi-colored flannel shirts sized for Paul Bunyan. Big enough to fit over other clothes without restrictions.
Too many trigger happy "shooters" for me to wear black (bear), or brown (deer & elk). If you have ever heard a bullet "pop" past your head you know what I mean.

Dude.......

I have always wanted to buy a used MO Conservation Dept. Pickup. A lot of them are painted a fairly distinctive green. Spotlight on the pillar, tint the windows....... I'd be willing to bet a lot of people would drive into the public land parking area, see that thing, and go on to the next.

They sell them on auction all the time.

I guess I'm the outlier here. I've accumulated a lot of SKRE gear over the past few years so why not wear it? It fits well, breaks up my silhouette and is comfortable. Any camo will do that but SKRE's headquarters is located near my cabin so I support the locals.

Comparing prices on camo and thinking plaid might be my new color. I feel like I’m reverting back to my childhood of wearing a faded green mechanics one piecebut the price difference between camo and clothes that are simple earth tones are insane to me.
First Lite is my guilty pleasure, its over priced and I know it but oh well. I like having certain clothing for hunting, mainly the material they are made, not so much the camo. I like First Lite because they do a lot more than most camo companies in providing solid color options. Most of my gear is in solid earth tone colors. Not that I am saving money buying the same brand though lol.

I like quality clothing/gear, so I have a hard time justifying buying camo that I'll only wear a week or two a year. It doubles as my hiking/biking/being outside gear so I go solid colors. Ends up that pretty much all my clothes are some shade of brown, green or gray.

I don’t oft wear camo but when I do it’s the gucci 😘 @Sytes

View attachment 270550
Touch base with Patagonia Action works. I hear they're interested in a quality member of society to begin a Colorado ballot initiative for the forced re-introduction of grizzlies.

Only downside:
Your $ to Yvon Chouinard covers his intent the States are not permitted to manage griz population.

Meh, you are a contender for sexy Colorado hunter, if Dink and Cush decline to run for 2023. 🤣

Come on now, your lure was simply too shiny not to bite.

Side note... I bought my wife a Carhartt hat. She didn't like the color and returned with a god damn, p.o.s., Chouinard blessed, Patagonia hat... How the hell I inadvertently paid that asshole $$$ is beyond me.
Teased her I was going to burn it - I didn't win that short lived "debate".

Touch base with Patagonia Action works. I hear they're interested in a quality member of society to begin a Colorado ballot initiative for the forced re-introduction of grizzlies.

Only downside:
Your $ to Yvon Chouinard covers his intent the States are not permitted to manage griz population.

Meh, you are a contender for sexy Colorado hunter, if Dink and Cush decline to run for 2023. 🤣

Come on now, your lure was simply too shiny not to bite.

Side note... I bought my wife a Carhartt hat. She didn't like the color and returned with a god damn, p.o.s., Chouinard blessed, Patagonia hat... How the hell I inadvertently paid that asshole $$$ is beyond me.
Teased her I was going to burn it - I didn't win that short lived "debate".
“Make Colorado Scary Again”

Bro I’m 💯 into grizz introduction, start at conundrum hot springs, I wanna see some hippies mauled

I don’t worry about it at all during gun season. Mostly earth tone pants and shirts from 5.11. One if those super light, netting style over-suits in camo is good for bow season and will go over anything. Other than that, its not worth the ridiculous price. Plus, you don’t look like such a dufus when your wife has you stop at the grocery store on the way home :)

It really depends on the type of hunting you're doing... archery or rifle. There's a big difference in needs etc.

What surprises me (not) is the vast number of people that archery hunt w/camo, but never use an appropriate hat or facenet/face camo. They're usually shocked when an animal sees them, but I'm not. Also keep in mind to not wash hunting clothes with phosphates (whiteners) as it makes your clothes "glow" & animals apparently are able to see the glow. Use a black light on your clothes in the dark & you'll see what I'm talking about.

I’m really liking the wrangler outdoor pants, browning lightweight olive hoodie and the Columbia ascender jacket. Affordable and quiet . I was thinking a plaid flannel would be fine except for all the burs and stickers.

So after wearing brown & green everyday for 22 years, I wear camo, for the camo. LOL
I wear the old green jeans working around the ranch now. I was ignored for years but given the stink eye after moving here. Even the cops thought I was a warden. Wardens in this state wear dark gray...LOL
I can spot a warden here a mile away.

Not only have never worn camo but have never owned any either. OOPS! In the service my fatigue's were OD green!

Dude.......

I have always wanted to buy a used MO Conservation Dept. Pickup. A lot of them are painted a fairly distinctive green. Spotlight on the pillar, tint the windows....... I'd be willing to bet a lot of people would drive into the public land parking area, see that thing, and go on to the next.

They sell them on auction all the time.
I wanted to buy one sooo bad awhile back

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back