Where is Yogi hiding and why isnt he standing at the entrance greeting all visiters?

It's stuff like this that makes me realize that if these types of people exist and are allowed to expand, there is no hope for the human race
My mom worked for years in the Visitor Service Office at YNP headquarters in Mammoth. The calls she’d take, the questions asked, the complaints filed… it all would leave you speechless.

I have traveled and worked in Yellowstone my whole life. Once you get past the gate into Yellowstone, you will not be surprised at anything a tourist will do. Why they think they are the only people there and the Park was made for them, has amazed me my entire life.

Bad driving b.jpeg

I'm really cheerleading for the animals to cull the weak and stupid from our herd. Have been for years.

Unfortunately, most animals show a lot of restraint and tolerance.

I just got done driving through Cades Cove in the Smokies. Saw 24 bears in that short loop. Amazing how stooooooopid people can be around all wildlife, especially bears. Stopping traffic and not using pull offs, walking right up to bears to get pictures, bringing small dogs and kids. Definitely been watching too many Disney movies and not paying attention to reality.

Oh yeah… a lady standing next to the road had at least used a pull off and stayed away from the bears in the field, but she felt compelled to play tour guide and tell everyone that there was a “mommy, a daddy, and a baby bear”. I told her, “that’s not how that works.”

Last edited:
I just got done driving through Cades Cove in the Smokies. Saw 24 bears in that short loop. Amazing how stooooooopid people can be around all wildlife, especially bears. Stopping traffic and not using pull offs, walking right up to bears to get pictures, bringing small dogs and kids. Definitely been watching too many Disney movies and not paying attention to reality.

Oh yeah… a lady standing next to the road had at least used a pull off and stayed away from the bears in the field, but she felt compelled to play tour guide and tell everyone that there was a “mommy, a daddy, and a baby bear”. I told her, “that’s not how that works.”
Dang, all we managed to scrounge up was a coyote!

I was a "Wrangler" guide in my late teens at Jackson / Colter Bay - routing guests on horseback rides. Some of the questions blew me away!
When do the deer turn into elk?
Can you take us where the animals are let out? Out of where?, I'd ask. Out of where you keep them.
Take us over to those Moose! I want a picture of my daughter petting it....
List goes on and on...

Amazing they made enough $ not only to travel to Teton National Park though to stay in style at Jackson Lake lodge?!?!? - Though hey, they tipped good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back