PEAX Equipment

What's your muscle tonic after hauling elk quarters?

Jack Daniels and pepsi. The thing is that my brother and I celebrate coming back to camp evey night not just after a successful hunt.

I think I heard your kidneys scream again when you wrote that. Maybe that was the full days dosage? :rolleyes:

(As in 800 mg taken every 6 hours with full hydration)

800 is max single dose, 3200 max per day according to the cardiologist I was talking to.

Cold or slushy coffee from the remnants of what I didn't drink in the morning (if just day hunting).

Any cold beer is good as well, but I have trouble planning far enough ahead for a pack-out beer at the truck for it to be consistent. Always have some coffee left over though.

No tonic, but not too far from leaving the trailhead road, there's a tiny hole in the wall restaurant that has the best cheeseburger on earth. Actually, it's probably a normal cheeseburger, but at that present moment it's the best on the planet! That, and like said above. ..lots of ibuprofen!!

Blackberry brandy or peppermint schnapps 200 mL kept in the pack for a pull after walking up to the animal, and whiskey for back at camp, preferably bourbon or rye.

a shot of gentleman jack or crown once I arrive at the truck on the last trip of the day followed by 600 mg ibprophin with dinner

Jameson after a good hunt. Although been drinking Jameson mules too!

Nice knife nameless.......can you tell us about it?

It is a Bark River knife my dad gave me around 2003. I am admittedly ignorant when it comes to knives. I don't know the model of this one but it looks very similar to their current Bushcrafter model, so maybe it is the 10+ year old version of that . It's a good all-around knife. It has a chip in the blade from where I kicked it off a large Boulder accidentally, and the finish on the handle is all f'd up because a well-meaning spouse put it in the dishwasher. It's got character, has cut into pretty much all the critters I have killed in the last decade, and holds an edge.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
Back