Whatever happened to..?

The recent trend of deleting profiles seems to have a bit of a performative element to it.

I get that people get busy, but if that’s all it is then just stop posting for a while. @Sytes mentioned it- a bit or protesting or something is my guess, who knows?
I think killing the membership eliminates the urge to respond to stuff, because you no longer can. Just a theory. The internet and social media is an odd paradox- both incredibly informative and an incredible time suck. most threads, even if on good topics, go in circles. People don’t share much info and the people that do end up just getting their personal contact info and going that route. Anyone who hasn’t thought about pulling the plug on their social media accounts is probably the oddity.

now put into conversations and the history of that is gone if I reread something
It's still there - If someone quoted wllm, avid, or deleted:

He didn't change names. He deleted the account:
1714862847272.png

Your HT tombstone now reads:

Here rests UserID Deleted Member 28227. May his soul haunt / humor us under a new account...

I think killing the membership eliminates the urge to respond to stuff, because you no longer can. Just a theory.
Seems pretty drastic though to each his/her own. He sure threw down more time on the computer than anyone else here within the time frame since he joined.

Maybe the wife laid down the law last time he said:

1714863187836.png

It's still there - If someone quoted wllm, avid, or deleted:

He didn't change names. He deleted the account:
View attachment 325184

Your HT tombstone now reads:

Here rests UserID Deleted Member 28227. May his soul haunt / humor us under a new account...

Seems pretty drastic though to each his/her own. He sure threw down more time on the computer than anyone else here within the time frame since he joined.

Maybe the wife laid down the law last time he said:

View attachment 325185
Maybe the rubberized walls in the new basement sprung a leak? Speculation is endless.

I think killing the membership eliminates the urge to respond to stuff, because you no longer can. Just a theory. The internet and social media is an odd paradox- both incredibly informative and an incredible time suck. most threads, even if on good topics, go in circles. People don’t share much info and the people that do end up just getting their personal contact info and going that route. Anyone who hasn’t thought about pulling the plug on their social media accounts is probably the oddity.
I can't imagine deleting an account and still lurking here. But to each there own. Don't get me wrong I get giving this up. God knows it would reduce some nagging from the wife.

I can't imagine deleting an account and still lurking here. But to each there own. Don't get me wrong I get giving this up. God knows it would reduce some nagging from the wife.
She will find a way to fill the void may as well just keep on

Randolph Scott? Rindin' his trail alone...

Couldn't resist. Sorry. Carry on.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back