Caribou Gear Tarp

The Good Stuff Thread

MNElkNut

I thought I would inject a little positivity for your reading pleasure. Post up people, place, gear, things, or whatever that has impressed you and why.

Schnees boots - have always treated me fantastic and are so, so very comfortable!
Travis from Wapiti River Elk calls went out of his way to answer some questions and give feedback. Great calls for me.
RMEF. They are opening up a lot of acres to hunting.
Scheels. They run their stores (at least in Fargo and St. Cloud) like I would if I owned them.
People who donate their time for conservation work. Lots on this board. Too many to name. But thanks.
My Browning XBolt. It just feels good to have it in my hands.
Rocky Mountain National Park. I just plain like that place.

Using an old mummy bag and a camo waterproof bivy cover to deer hunt out of makes me so happy I can’t even explain it. Combine that with a heated shirt and it’s even better. At least it’s good for us Midwest hunters who like being frozen to a tree every November.

@p_ham Pored over his personal lever build many times. Had considered Grizzly for the 1895 makeover but their backlog and, for lack of a better term, their indifference was a turnoff. Glad I went with Paul.

Swaro optics and good blades...comfort stuff

Last edited:
Man, it's hard to beat dry firewood and a glass of red wine on a day like today.

I've never put on a mask and snorkel and regretted it.

Nothing smells better than 2-stroke gas and fresh wood shavings.

I will never get tired of seeing my kids have fun, if I could just bottle it up...

Man, it's hard to beat dry firewood and a glass of red wine on a day like today.

I will never get tired of seeing my kids have fun, if I could just bottle it up...

Hmm you went a little bit different but I like it. I have one of my favorites to add:

Watching the sprinklers kick on a hay field after moving the hand line.

Red wine? Nope beer for me. Same feeling though. mtmuley

All the buddies/brothers @Redman , @JohnCushman, CPO et al) that have helped me hunt as an AOH with zero history or knowledge until well into my 30s.
Meindel boots that have changed my ability to move about
Trekking poles that not only make things easier but have literally saved my ass on many occasions
Byer of Maine EZ Cot, so easy to set up, big and comfy to the extreme
My Golden, Daisy.....simply the best dog ever and the one that pulled me from the darkest point of my life

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back