Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Well happy friggin election Oregon... :(

Agree. The difference is every acre of public land is a limited and finite resource. Once it is gone, it will be impossible to get back. That said, I think most people have a favorable opinion of net zero (or something close) land swaps. When it comes to gun regs, at national level at least, any new legislation has an expiration date. So it is hard to have faith in legislators who say ā€œI am for this rule and think it will help, but it needs to go away in x years.ā€
I may agree with a limited perspective though land swaps are not a mile taken, nor finite...

As to your other Oregon based assessment, now that I have some time - A clear political difference on "Gun Rights"...

1669168069461.png

I may agree with a limited perspective though land swaps are not a mile taken, nor finite...

As to your other Oregon based assessment, now that I have some time - A clear political difference on "Gun Rights"...

View attachment 251750
I guess my point was you can be pro 2A and pro more restrictions. Iā€™m not sure the numbers disapprove that. We keep reverting to the extremes, but that is not where solutions are found.

Sorry, I thought I used enough sarcasm quotes to make it obvious I was joking. Satire is notoriously difficult on the internet.
Didnā€™t realize you were being sarcastic we have enough Fuddā€™s around that think like that

So today I got to experience the current fallout of prop 114. Though voted and though it is still yet to become law, the initial impact was hard to ignore. Prior to the election I had decided to pick up a few firearms as Xmas gifts to the grands. I had also , more recently, decided to pick up another sidearm (Glock 19 G5) to add to the fold. All would be done at the local (an hour away for me, Sportsman Warehouse).

The first firearm, a Ruger 10-22, was all before the election and basically a walk-in and 35-40 minutes later walking out with the firearm.

The second, a CZ 457 Varmint, ordered a week before the election came in 2 days post election and I was still in and out of the store in about 50 minutes.

Today, now 2 weeks post 114 results, shows where we are at. I got notice yesterday that my Glock was in. Called this morning upon SWarehouses opening at 9am and asked for the gun counter. Was told ā€œthey arenā€™t taking calls todayā€ šŸ¤” anhh ok?

Said f it and jumped in the truck and drove the ~hour to Bend. Parking lot looked a little busy as I walked in to find a sign freehanded in the ā€œlobbyā€ that said if you going to the gun counter, take a number before proceeding. Grabbed my ticked and headed back, it was 10:08am, they opened at 8am. Got to the back and looked at the signā€¦ ā€œNow serving #53ā€ā€¦I was #112 šŸ˜³. Decided to check the flow; marked the time, (10:15), grabbed a chair, and planted my ass in the aisle. I waited exactly ONE HOUR and they (3 guys at the counter) were working on #56ā€¦4 whole people in one hour.

Walked back to the front of the store, passed an old timer along the way who was loosing his shot about how long heā€™d been waiting. I asked whatā€™s your number pard? He says #122. I said strap your self in buddy and handed him my ticket, said you just moved ip 10 spots. Headed to the customer service counter and asked is there ANYBODY here that can answer questions about the gun counter. Guy about my age (63) steps forward and says ā€œwhat do you need bud?ā€. I relay the boo hoo story Iā€™m sure heā€™d head about 110 times already that day (giving the first guy in the benefit of the doubt). Then I ask my question- I have bought and paid for a Glock 19. It comes with 3 mags, two of which are 15 round cap. Itā€™s here in the store but I canā€™t keep doing two hour road trips just to see if I can get to the counter during your business hours. Plus Iā€™m gonna be gone for a few days at the end of the month. What happens if I canā€™t pick it up by Dec 8th? He looks at me and says ā€œknow one really knows but chances are they will just credit back your card and your out of luckā€. Got back in the truck and came home, plan yet to be determined.

Sorry to be so long winded, just want to give folks an idea of what DID actually happen today. Ridiculous.

I guess my point was you can be pro 2A and pro more restrictions. Iā€™m not sure the numbers disapprove that. We keep reverting to the extremes, but that is not where solutions are found.
I guess my point is the same as mentioned earlier, "Public Lands in Public Hands". Giffords (and their senior advisors) will continue regardless a mile taken if an inch is allegedly temporarily given.
Solutions are not going to be found so long as Democrat majority Oregon residents continue to press for extremes. As seen in the Gallop Research, Republicans find current laws reasonable (extreme missing) whereas Democrat majorities are hard pressed for stricter laws. (Again, per Gallop) Democrat minority Oregon residents are not aligned though reap the reality of the majority interest.

More laws do not stop the criminals, they hinder law abiding Americans...
The Oregon voters presented just that, as shared in the charts. (D v R vote maps / Measure 114).

Think Republicans will take the population centers of Oregon in the next...? Gifford's and advisors are looking to register bb guns... A mile was just taken and looking to gain a few 100 more.

"Non-powder guns, such as BB and air guns, are not toysā€”they kill and injure thousands of people each year, including children and teenagers. But these tragedies can be prevented by passing laws that treat non-powder guns like the potentially lethal weapons they are."

There's purpose for Giffords listed as a Sponsor of Oregon's Measure 114.

So today I got to experience the current fallout of prop 114. Though voted and though it is still yet to become law, the initial impact was hard to ignore. Prior to the election I had decided to pick up a few firearms as Xmas gifts to the grands. I had also , more recently, decided to pick up another sidearm (Glock 19 G5) to add to the fold. All would be done at the local (an hour away for me, Sportsman Warehouse).

The first firearm, a Ruger 10-22, was all before the election and basically a walk-in and 35-40 minutes later walking out with the firearm.

The second, a CZ 457 Varmint, ordered a week before the election came in 2 days post election and I was still in and out of the store in about 50 minutes.

Today, now 2 weeks post 114 results, shows where we are at. I got notice yesterday that my Glock was in. Called this morning upon SWarehouses opening at 9am and asked for the gun counter. Was told ā€œthey arenā€™t taking calls todayā€ šŸ¤” anhh ok?

Said f it and jumped in the truck and drove the ~hour to Bend. Parking lot looked a little busy as I walked in to find a sign freehanded in the ā€œlobbyā€ that said if you going to the gun counter, take a number before proceeding. Grabbed my ticked and headed back, it was 10:08am, they opened at 8am. Got to the back and looked at the signā€¦ ā€œNow serving #53ā€ā€¦I was #112 šŸ˜³. Decided to check the flow; marked the time, (10:15), grabbed a chair, and planted my ass in the aisle. I waited exactly ONE HOUR and they (3 guys at the counter) were working on #56ā€¦4 whole people in one hour.

Walked back to the front of the store, passed an old timer along the way who was loosing his shot about how long heā€™d been waiting. I asked whatā€™s your number pard? He says #122. I said strap your self in buddy and handed him my ticket, said you just moved ip 10 spots. Headed to the customer service counter and asked is there ANYBODY here that can answer questions about the gun counter. Guy about my age (63) steps forward and says ā€œwhat do you need bud?ā€. I relay the boo hoo story Iā€™m sure heā€™d head about 110 times already that day (giving the first guy in the benefit of the doubt). Then I ask my question- I have bought and paid for a Glock 19. It comes with 3 mags, two of which are 15 round cap. Itā€™s here in the store but I canā€™t keep doing two hour road trips just to see if I can get to the counter during your business hours. Plus Iā€™m gonna be gone for a few days at the end of the month. What happens if I canā€™t pick it up by Dec 8th? He looks at me and says ā€œknow one really knows but chances are they will just credit back your card and your out of luckā€. Got back in the truck and came home, plan yet to be determined.

Sorry to be so long winded, just want to give folks an idea of what DID actually happen today. Ridiculous.
If they open at 8 show up at 6.
It sucks, but bring a chair and some coffee

I guess my point is the same as mentioned earlier, "Public Lands in Public Hands". Giffords (and their senior advisors) will continue regardless a mile taken if an inch is allegedly temporarily given.
Solutions are not going to be found so long as Democrat majority Oregon residents continue to press for extremes. As seen in the Gallop Research, Republicans find current laws reasonable (extreme missing) whereas Democrat majorities are hard pressed for stricter laws. (Again, per Gallop) Democrat minority Oregon residents are not aligned though reap the reality of the majority interest.

More laws do not stop the criminals, they hinder law abiding Americans...
The Oregon voters presented just that, as shared in the charts. (D v R vote maps / Measure 114).

Think Republicans will take the population centers of Oregon in the next...? Gifford's and advisors are looking to register bb guns... A mile was just taken and looking to gain a few 100 more.

"Non-powder guns, such as BB and air guns, are not toysā€”they kill and injure thousands of people each year, including children and teenagers. But these tragedies can be prevented by passing laws that treat non-powder guns like the potentially lethal weapons they are."

There's purpose for Giffords listed as a Sponsor of Oregon's Measure 114.

Straight from Gallop: It's a dystopian liberal hellscape here. Blow the bridges.

Carry on. I'm trying to decide what my next firearm purchase is going to be when this nonsense blows over.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcat1984
Back