Well happy friggin election Oregon... :(

But meth is legal in OR so come for the party. Lots of good camping spots in the Portland and Salem areas so stay awhile.

Let's get this straight - do all the mind altering drugs you want, take a dump on the sidewalks, steal sh*t from everyone, but if you want a weapon you go on a gov't list for future extermination confiscation.
I'm voting for shall not infringe. I'll take less safety and more freedom for $500 Alex.
I could not agree more with this post, very well said.

Question, can a guy simply drive across State lines to Idaho and purchase a full mag. firearm there and then bring it back to Oregon? Or does the new law prohibit the owning of higher capacity magazines period?
Would be illegal to possess in Oregon.

Not sure how stores in Idaho will handle this, but those in NH near the MA border know the laws well ask for your MA LTC permit (even though you aren’t in MA) and won’t sell to you without one or sell you stuff that’s illegal in MA.

Once you get a ways out folks don’t seem to know or care about MA laws.

It’s definitely a weird situation, legally I can’t buy a Glock 19 and bring it across state lines, but there is nothing to say I can’t keep it at my vacation cabin or whatever in another state.

Definitely puts stores in a weird position.

Would be illegal to possess in Oregon.

But only illegal to possess because you purchased it after the enactment date of the app.

We get to keep our currently owned 30 round mags and can use them for lawful purposes.

How on earth they know when we purchased them is the question. That's part of the SO criticism mentioned in the article @Bigjay73 shared.

What's the process for residents and communities to secede from one state and seek annexation into another state? Large sections of OR, WA should become part of ID. Ditto western CO and northern AZ welcome to UT.

What's the process for residents and communities to secede from one state and seek annexation into another state? Large sections of OR, WA should become part of ID. Ditto western CO and northern AZ welcome to UT.

Requires support from both state legislatures and Congress. Never gonna happen. I've owned a state of Jefferson shirt for most of my life. It's a fun marketing endeavor for some folks though.

You want to secede? LOL. Secession, by definition, is withdrawing from a union, not creating a new state. You want out of the US? Like it or not, Eastern OR and WA are suckling on the economic teat of Portland and Seattle, respectively. I am getting to the point I am happy to give people their own country simply because they don't want to have a conversational debate about various subjects.

BTW, I think the law is stupid.

You want to secede? LOL. Secession, by definition, is withdrawing from a union, not creating a new state. You want out of the US? Like it or not, Eastern OR and WA are suckling on the economic teat of Portland and Seattle, respectively. I am getting to the point I am happy to give people their own country simply because they don't want to have a conversational debate about various subjects.

BTW, I think the law is stupid.
Come to the table on gun legislation… NEVER!

I’d rather have no roads, no schools, no healthcare!

It be like WY but without the OG and Coal money.

Also no way in hell democrats are voting to add two new Republican senators and a rep into congress.

Come to the table on gun legislation… NEVER!

I’d rather have no roads, no schools, no healthcare!

It be like WY but without the OG and Coal money.

Also no way in hell democrats are voting to add two new Republican senators and a rep into congress.

See but if the Greater Idaho movement were successful they could just move the state line. Why wouldn't the good people of Boise want the added tax liability of Harney and Malheur County?

Thought Washington was getting bad but looks like Oregon is keeping right up there.
In June I was reading an article on the new Sig P322 and thought it would be a pretty neat 22LR handgun. Only problem was that on July 1 the new magazine capacity was taking effect and that would not leave me enough time to acquire one. Found a couple 20 rd mags online and ordered them before the deadline. Then I just had to wait for Sig to produce the 10 rd mag versions, only took 4 months. A couple years ago the west side voted in that we had to go through an FFL for any firearm transfer. Don't really know why I need any more guns due to the fact that our Dept of Wildlife is being overrun by anti-hunters and predator lovers who think all we need is predators to control our ungulate population. I will keep acquiring guns and hunting somewhere in the future.

this election outcome in oregon totally sucks for common sense,,its a very sad day,,,apparently there were enough folks that like crime,high fuel prices,meth heads stealing your cat converters,no police,open drugs in the streets,ect that they controlled the vote,,114 was close but they got it thru,,,hard to believe drazan didnt get enough votes,,i m o this was embarassing as a oregonian to see this out come.

this election outcome in oregon totally sucks for common sense,,its a very sad day,,,apparently there were enough folks that like crime,high fuel prices,meth heads stealing your cat converters,no police,open drugs in the streets,ect that they controlled the vote,,114 was close but they got it thru,,,hard to believe drazan didnt get enough votes,,i m o this was embarassing as a oregonian to see this out come.
This should make you really mad-

That data is revealing. <800 people voted in Wheeler County. , <5K in each of Wallowa/Sherman/Morrow/Lake/Grant/Harney/Gilliam/etc. counties. Kind of hard to influence elections when across 10+ counties (almost 1/3 of the state) the total number of votes cast totals <50K combined.

The problem is that the measure is only passing by ~32,000 votes. Looking at the rural population: 57K registered voters did not vote in Jackson county, 42K people did not vote in Douglas county, 42K people did not vote in Linn county, 31K people did not vote in Josephine county, 31K people did not vote in Klamath county, 26K people did not vote in Polk county, etc. etc. The votes to defeat the measure were there.....people chose not to vote. Which is very frustrating.....

The above 2 paragraphs were copied from another forum where we were discussing 114.

I live in the East side of the state and if I hear one more person complain about the west side controlling everything I’m going to let them know they can blame the ones who didn’t vote. That goes for the governor race as well.

This should make you really mad-

That data is revealing. <800 people voted in Wheeler County. , <5K in each of Wallowa/Sherman/Morrow/Lake/Grant/Harney/Gilliam/etc. counties. Kind of hard to influence elections when across 10+ counties (almost 1/3 of the state) the total number of votes cast totals <50K combined.

The problem is that the measure is only passing by ~32,000 votes. Looking at the rural population: 57K registered voters did not vote in Jackson county, 42K people did not vote in Douglas county, 42K people did not vote in Linn county, 31K people did not vote in Josephine county, 31K people did not vote in Klamath county, 26K people did not vote in Polk county, etc. etc. The votes to defeat the measure were there.....people chose not to vote. Which is very frustrating.....

The above 2 paragraphs were copied from another forum where we were discussing 114.

I live in the East side of the state and if I hear one more person complain about the west side controlling everything I’m going to let them know they can blame the ones who didn’t vote. That goes for the governor race as well.

It's just so hard to get to a polling place right? Wait we have universal mail in voting...

This is the United States of Apathy. In most elections if "Nobody" got the votes for folks who didn't turnout then we would elect Nobody over the 2 main candidates.

i just want to say i voted down the line,,and it wasnt blue,,,no on ballot measures,,,now i have to rush and go grab a ar-15 and 30 rnd mags if i can get my hands on one before dec 8th and 114 takes effect.after that its gonna be a real problem to purchase a firearm,even though i dont need one.

i just want to say i voted down the line,,and it wasnt blue,,,no on ballot measures,,,now i have to rush and go grab a ar-15 and 30 rnd mags if i can get my hands on one before dec 8th and 114 takes effect.after that its gonna be a real problem to purchase a firearm,even though i dont need one.
Buy lowers. Buy actions with serial numbers. Barrels, trigger assemblies, etc. can be bought and assembled later.

IMHO this is the most "conservative" court that's is likely to exist in most of our life times, so if they don't strike down a law it likely will never be stuck down.
Spot on. Today (or at best the next 2-3 years) is the free-est it gets for gun ownership. Future "progress" will be in the direction of administrative "elimination" until enough of SCOTUS retires and outright banning may resume.

Just as the conservatives did with abortion, gun control folks will go the "death by 1,000 administrative papercuts" approach until the SCOTUS slate is to their liking.

Back