WARNING: Student Load Forgiveness is Very Unlikely to Pay for Your Next Elk Tag

Did a campus visit with my youngest this weekend as she decides which of her final 4 choices will get $250,000 from me over the next 4 years. The student admissions guide says the following as we passed one of the buildings, "This is the university sustainability center - they grow 'urban gardens" and make crappy soap from old fry oil - this is where the most insufferable pretentious students spend their time - the rest of us just do our best to stay the hell away from them." I did my best not to laugh too hard. Best campus tour ever ;)
Where is this? How is their English department? :)

I hesitate to resurrect this thread, but I'm going to do it.

This may, or may not interest some of you. While I didn't read it word for word to the bitter end, there are some interesting items in there.
Very interesting read, thanks. Like the author, and the universities, I have no answer about the study of Humanities, nor of the future of literature in the iPhone generation.

I do, however, believe in the Greek concept of "excellence", that of being well-rounded, the old "sound mind in a sound body" ethos.

I wonder what would happen if, say, we elected someone like JFK today, and he or she was able to create a push for excellence in schools which included physical fitness as well as a grand goal such as the moon landing.

And what if she was kinda cute and could surf, but I digress lol.

I doubt that would even be possible, though. Those were different times, mostly two-parent families when kids went to church and the major class infraction was chewing gum.

My Alma Mater was pushing $300k last time I checked, out of state at big universities run $180-200k

Question what do you think the average person is making with that cost of a degree. Not first year but what will there average be salary be before they retire. I know it's hard to put a number on that but humor me. Also sorry for the dumbass way of quoting your post. My Samsung updated the other day and this is what I get now, driving me nuts.

In 2053, $200-$250k assuming similar inflation rates and earning erosion.

That’s my WAG

In 2053, $200-$250k assuming similar inflation rates and earning erosion.

That’s my WAG

Suddenly I feel better about life choices I've questioned. $100k out of high school with zero debt doesn't seem all bad now. Obviously lots of other pros and cons to each type of career.

How many much in college debt to fix this $*)Q!#@$ phone?

@Nick87 I made $36k out of college and didn’t break $50k for like 3 years 😂

Quote a post then toggle code mode next to the photo upload button [] then move your cursor below the insert line.

This piece “ [/QUOTE]”

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back