Utard video

They lost 100% of the meat by letting it lay with the guts in it over night. Of course it was "sketchy" out there, and their headlamps were going dead. Might as well forget about 250 lbs of elk meat, we'll go get a good night's sleep, come back mid morning, hike in 10 minutes, take a couple pictures and call it good.
What? Pack extra batteries and be prepared? Be a bit uncomfortable?

Sorry, this isn't what I signed up for.

They lost 100% of the meat by letting it lay with the guts in it over night. Of course it was "sketchy" out there, and their headlamps were going dead. Might as well forget about 250 lbs of elk meat, we'll go get a good night's sleep, come back mid morning, hike in 10 minutes, take a couple pictures and call it good.
I dont agree with what they did. That being said, I dont think it was a gut shot and their was still a little snow on the ground, so should be cold enough to not spoil the meat. Theres a possibility they were able to salvage it, unless I missed something in the video.

If they wasted the meat, then posted up a "scoring guess" and antler pictures for a brag board, it should be confinscated and cited for waste of game IMO.

I dont agree with what they did. That being said, I dont think it was a gut shot and their was still a little snow on the ground, so should be cold enough to not spoil the meat. Theres a possibility they were able to salvage it, unless I missed something in the video.

If they wasted the meat, then posted up a "scoring guess" and antler pictures for a brag board, it should be confinscated and cited for waste of game IMO.
Unfortunately citing for stupid doesn't hold up in court.

An FYI, snow can make spoiling worse and happen quicker.

They didn't salvage much on that elk, if anything.

I dont think it was a gut shot and their was still a little snow on the ground, so should be cold enough to not spoil the meat. Theres a possibility they were able to salvage it, unless I missed something in the video.
That's where you're mistaken. Nothing missed about the video in that they shot it in the daylight and killed it. They didn't cut into it until mid morning the next day. That thing soured from the inside out and is not fit to eat, regardless of the cool temperatures.

I get it. Shit happens. But when it does, make a youtube video of it and put a score guess thread on the internet. Takeaways.. that camera stand - must have.

Not an ounce of meat.

That video has it all! Utards, ATVs, long range shooting, designer camo, and rotten elk meat! Way to hammer!

That's where you're mistaken. Nothing missed about the video in that they shot it in the daylight and killed it. They didn't cut into it until mid morning the next day. That thing soured from the inside out and is not fit to eat, regardless of the cool temperatures.
Lessons learned for me. Ive fortunately never had to recover an elk the next day that wasnt already quartered and hanging. To have the balls to post about it online and brag, is beyond me.

Unfortunately citing for stupid doesn't hold up in court.

An FYI, snow can make spoiling worse and happen quicker.

They didn't salvage much on that elk, if anything.
I wish there was a law in place for an instance like that, which requires surrender of the tag and antlers. Might help prevent people from making bad choices.

something tells me you probably didn't bail on looking for it like that.

My favorite part is when they walk up to it and say ohh man you smell that? Yeah that stinks. :ROFLMAO:
No I didn’t but I’m sure like you I have a couple that still haunt me.

I would hope Utah has a law about texting between hunters to gain an advantage while hunting. It is a higher tech way of using two way radios. Very hard to enforce, I get that.

It shows me enough to measure their commitment to fair chase hunting.

I doubt this is their first rodeo.

I would hope Utah has a law about texting between hunters to gain an advantage while hunting. It is a higher tech way of using two way radios. Very hard to enforce, I get that.

It shows me enough to measure their commitment to fair chase hunting.

I doubt this is their first rodeo.
The entertainment value is high. Cell guiding an2-way radios are part of the Utard bag dump & hunt strategy.

I've got more Siskel and Ebert in me tonight..

something tells me you probably didn't bail on looking for it like that.

My favorite part is when they walk up to it and say ohh man you smell that? Yeah that stinks. :ROFLMAO:
Ah i missed that. Says everything that there was no disappointment expressed.

I wonder if all thesr guys are getting film permits?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back