MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

UTAH San Juan Late Archery - Help?? Very limited time to accept a returned tag.

BrokenArrow

A tag got returned. I’m next on the list.
It’s my dream unit in Utah.
But there is no info on late season archery cause it’s a new hunt code.
All elk on Private by December 2nd??? Etc…
Any help would be absolutely amazing.
I’ve been a guide for a long time in SW CO and happy to trade info including units 76 and 61.
Willing to pay a trespass fee, but hoping for a DIY. I’m economically challenged single dad.

Actually went over to scout this morning, no positive results. Was Hoping the weather had animals moving.
I will 95% pass unless I know something more between now and then. My motto is never give up. It’s really hard for me to pass on an opportunity

Ok ya'll, I passed on the tag.
I know how valuable a tag like this can be, but I do not feel that I could get enough time off work to do this tag justice, or any tag in Utah justice with this short of notice. I hope the next person has the full 2 weeks and takes a good bull.
I'm working 3 jobs and while all my bosses are pretty dang understanding, It would be too tough to coordinate.
I spent all my vaca time on an incredible pronghorn hunt in September. I am blessed already.
So, I might be waiting another 20 years for something, but that is something I'm willing to do in this case.
This tag deserves to go to the next person.

And Btw, I know there is a lot of very experienced hunters on this forum. I have guided SW CO for almost 20 years and if there is info anyone needs, please PM me. I'd prefer that over open forum. Happy to share general info over a public forum, but details I prefer PM's

I know how valuable a tag like this can be, but I do not feel that I could get enough time off work to do this tag justice, or any tag in Utah justice with this short of notice. I hope the next person has the full 2 weeks and takes a good bull.
I'm working 3 jobs and while all my bosses are pretty dang understanding, It would be too tough to coordinate.
I spent all my vaca time on an incredible pronghorn hunt in September. I am blessed already.
So, I might be waiting another 20 years for something, but that is something I'm willing to do in this case.

And Btw, I know there is a lot of very experienced hunters on this forum. I have guided SW CO for almost 20 years and if there is info anyone needs, please PM me. I'd prefer that over open forum. Happy to share general info over a public forum, but details I prefer PM's
Who do you guide for?

Damn that would have been a good tag to have. Sorry you couldn’t put it all together.

Damn that would have been a good tag to have. Sorry you couldn’t put it all together.
I have heard some very mixed reviews.

People that can’t draw tags say - take it!!
People that have years hunting - No way I’d take that tag.

The latter seem to think it will probably end up a 0% success rate.
My scouting was during the storm yesterday and what I saw would be a very, very difficult hunt. I usually take hunts that are stacked against me. But, again, I just don’t have the time.

Just out of curiosity what was your plan when you originally applied for this tag. Say things Har shine the other way it the draw had been successful for you then what?

Literally just hunt hard. In this situation.
I’m usually able to pull out a hunt like this if I have the time.
If I had drawn, I would have saved days to hunt the whole season. I can’t take time off now. That’s the only real difference

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back