Until the bears come out...

But surely you changed out of your fancy camo before you took your picture. Everyone knows that you can't get a bird unless you are sportin' the latest and greatest threads. ;)

Way to take a bird on a short notice whim.

Great pic! I need to be better about home site selection, as I don't get to hear anything near as exciting as turkey gobbles. ;)

Very nice. Congrats! Just about every spring I have Toms come in my yard and peck at the basement windows....haven't shown up yet this year though!

Nice eastern bird; I didn't know they could be found that far West. I live in town but there is a small flock which hangs out in a small wooded area about 6 blocks from my house. I'm tempted to spend some time there with my bow, as a friend's property adjoins the wood lot and I could sneak in there totally undetected.

The body feathers look kind of Merriamsish, but the fan is Eastern...maybe it's some sort of hybrid like I see in Oklahoma between Easterns and Rios

That's an Eastern. The flock @ Kalispell area was built up with transplanted Easterns. Merriams in the rest of the state.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back