PEAX Equipment

Unit 40 rutt

DoubleJ

Question for those who have hunted unit 40 for deer. When is typically the peak of the rut? I was lucky this year and drew this tag and have taken the 6th of Nov to the 16th of Nov off to hunt hard and hopefully find a great buck.

Are you talking about Colorado? If so, you might want to check your dates. I don't believe they have a 4th rifle tag available in unit 40 this year. If you have a third rifle tag it's open from Nov 1-9.

i hunted that unit with my dad 2 years ago and we hunted around the 10th and they were in full rut, a local that knew the country well said they rut early in that area in his opinion. So you should be good. My other advice is dont get itchy trigger, you should see several bucks in the 150s to hi 160's and if you hold out you should get a 180's class buck or bigger. Guys have said hold out for 200" but IMO not realistic unless you have all season and know the country well.

I was told the same thing that they rut early in that area. I am excited to get out there and see what happens. I hope to be posting some pictures soon. Thanks for your replies. Be heading out in 5 long days...

This is an Idaho tag, no points system here. Elks layer how did your dad do 2 years ago in unit 40?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back