Caribou Gear

Ukraine / Russia

While we may possess a good sense of the history behind Russia and Ukraine, I found this recent article to be a quality recount of the past and present setting.

Granted this is from the New York Times, imo, it's an excellent, well written refresher.
It's worth the pittance it seeks in return.

maybe that's true but it comes with an incredible sacrifice. I'd rather over spend and not have anyone try, then crush anyone that does with technology.
I mostly agree with this. There’s a fine line to balance between Reagan’s peace through strength, and creating the next generation of terrorists by drone bombing their innocent parents in a country we have no business in. For most of my life, we have been a little too hard toward the latter.

Kinda surprised that some big names are still doing business in Russia; Hyatt and Marriott have continued running hotels there. Halliburton, Citi, Bridgestone Tire and Philip Morris have also continued their operations despite appeals from top officials.

Kinda surprised that some big names are still doing business in Russia; Hyatt and Marriott have continued running hotels there. Halliburton, Citi, Bridgestone Tire and Philip Morris have also continued their operations despite appeals from top officials.
Careful now. We have already taken away their Netflix and their McDonald’s. Take away their cigarettes, and we might inadvertently be creating Russian superhumans

it seems clear that no nato country is drawing a red line around chemical weapons use yet.

though it's an interesting point in that article by that uk official in saying that no one is drawing a red line at chemical weapons use yet, but putin should realize every country that has used chemical weapons has drawn an international response of sorts. kinda implying that nato intervention wouldn't be off the table, maybe?

i dunno, i don't want world war III, but i also am not sure i would be against nato intevention if putin starts chemical weapons attacks against cities in ukraine.

Hotels are a little different. The majority of 'Brand Name' hotels are owned and operated by franchisees. I

Of course, that doesn't mean Marriott couldn't lean on the individual operators, but it isn't really up to them. Unlike McDonalds which owns the vast majority of its RU stores.

Decent article here: https://skift.com/2022/03/09/hilton-hyatt-and-accor-freeze-hotel-development-in-russia/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJS4KIDS
Back