Ukraine / Russia

Tell you what, it sure feels like the free world could be drawn into a major war on several fronts. In the two world wars, USA operated with a segregated military. Just think of how much more of military might could have been if USA operated as an integrated military force in those battles.
Here again we have fractured policies that limit or exclude some who are willing to die in defense of the Constitution. That in addition to the shitpuppets holding up top brass confirmations. It’s time to set aside our partisan pettiness and confront the reality of threats to us all.

Cant say I agree, We have been doing nothing but making war since 2001. Its not working... We have folks too busy making truckloads of money and keeping it going.

Lets be frank, we have the ability to completely obliterate an entire front. But we dont do it, there is no money in that.

Perhaps I'm mis-understanding your statement.

Cant say I agree, We have been doing nothing but making war since 2001. Its not working... We have folks too busy making truckloads of money and keeping it going.

Lets be frank, we have the ability to completely obliterate an entire front. But we dont do it, there is no money in that.

Perhaps I'm mis-understanding your statement.
War for corporate gains was publicly identified by Eisenhower in 1961. Shortly thereafter everything went to shit. DuPont and Colt did real well.
To summarize: Putin – khuylo. Maybe Gaza would have devolved into this on its own in time, but I am sure that Russian nut accelerated the action. Maybe it’s also a great time to stir shit up in Northern Ireland again.
Now yeah, you know I’ve not yet once seen any reports of an F-35 being worth the money? Lockheed Martin really screwed the pooch out of billions in that contract. And just why does the Bradley need replaced today? The DOD is a cash machine and we can do better.

Right now there are domestic non-issues blown way out of proportion that are threatening to all of us. The lack of unity here indirectly benefits enemies like Putin’s Russia. It’s a vulnerability that will be cultivated by institutions keen on burning down the Western world. So we all need to take stock of what we are, who is the enemy and stop being whiny bitches.

Last edited:
Right now there are domestic non-issues blown way out of proportion that are threatening to all of us. The lack of unity here indirectly benefits enemies like Putin’s Russia. It’s a vulnerability that will be cultivated by institutions keen on burning down the Western world. So we all need to take stock of what we are, who is the enemy and stop being whiny bitches.

I can agree with that. The amount of money we have spent on Ukraine in the last year is a good example. Imagine if we put that kind of money in the south side of Chicago. Imagine the unity that could create if folks could live somewhere where they dont have to worry about getting shot dead. But we pushed our manufacturing outside cause of greed. Folks lost their way of life quick, now we have endless wars. Of course we are a country divided now, so many people got screwed over the last 20 years. We have been in a constant state of war since 2001.

I think I get so frustrated by these wars continuing on and on is cause of my experience with it. Kids like me who joined the marines early on thinking we were defending our country (which we were in our minds). Just to end up with mental health issues and nothing really to show for it except for a couple of medals.

I think now I'll leave it at that for a bit. Our leadership either needs to shit or get off the pot and end this non-sense and care more about what's going on here.

I can agree with that. The amount of money we have spent on Ukraine in the last year is a good example. Imagine if we put that kind of money in the south side of Chicago. Imagine the unity that could create if folks could live somewhere where they dont have to worry about getting shot dead. But we pushed our manufacturing outside cause of greed. Folks lost their way of life quick, now we have endless wars. Of course we are a country divided now, so many people got screwed over the last 20 years. We have been in a constant state of war since 2001.

I think I get so frustrated by these wars continuing on and on is cause of my experience with it. Kids like me who joined the marines early on thinking we were defending our country (which we were in our minds). Just to end up with mental health issues and nothing really to show for it except for a couple of medals.

I think now I'll leave it at that for a bit. Our leadership either needs to shit or get off the pot and end this non-sense and care more about what's going on here.
I think you have a very good point. War stinks, but peace has been rare since we took the lead post WWII. My only issue is with the arguments regarding the "what-ifs" on the money. What-if we spent it on homelessness, what-if we invested in Chicago's south side, etc. The reality is those things have never and would never get done because Americans would argue about it endlessly. Why Chicago and not Cleveland or St Louis, why homeless instead of mental-health, and the never ending on why do my taxes have to pay for this, etc. We let, check that, we encouraged corporate America to move manufacturing overseas by the decisions we made at the cash register. Despite enjoying decades of low inflation, we now all agree that price increases seem ridiculously high.

Americans live in the wealthiest, safest, and most advanced country in the World and all we do is complain. We get that luxury because we don't have to shelter from rockets overhead or dodge bullets on the way to the grocery store. Our military is the reason for that and veterans should get full support even after leaving the service.

There is one overarching fundamental issue every American needs to set as the measure of every policy question. Does this choice increase or decrease our stature as the global reserve currency. If we lose that, we are just a big Greece/Italy. It allows us to run an absurd deficit, fund programs we can’t afford, have tax rates well below sustainable levels for the services the majority demands and to exert influence over most other nations without firing a shot.

That is the failing of this intervention - not that we risk broader war with Russia or that the costs are too high - but that by pulling the full Monty on currency and trade punishments without getting the catastrophic economic outcomes we predicted, we have taught China, Russia, Turkey and Iran how to live without the blessing of American banking/currency.

I think you have a very good point. War stinks, but peace has been rare since we took the lead post WWII. My only issue is with the arguments regarding the "what-ifs" on the money. What-if we spent it on homelessness, what-if we invested in Chicago's south side, etc. The reality is those things have never and would never get done because Americans would argue about it endlessly. Why Chicago and not Cleveland or St Louis, why homeless instead of mental-health, and the never ending on why do my taxes have to pay for this, etc. We let, check that, we encouraged corporate America to move manufacturing overseas by the decisions we made at the cash register. Despite enjoying decades of low inflation, we now all agree that price increases seem ridiculously high.

Americans live in the wealthiest, safest, and most advanced country in the World and all we do is complain. We get that luxury because we don't have to shelter from rockets overhead or dodge bullets on the way to the grocery store. Our military is the reason for that and veterans should get full support even after leaving the service.

Your totally right, Chicago's south side is just an example. There are endless examples of hopeless community's within our country, and even those situations are far and beyond better then other situations I've seen with my naked eyes. But it doesn't have to be that way when we have(had) the resources to fix those problems.

Regarding your second quote, I think ultimately myself and many from my generation served in support of that very idea. To maintain what we have, and a sense of duty. Some didnt have any other options, but I believe the vast majority just wanted to do their part and protect this country from foreign enemy's. But when your in it, it starts to be blurry as to why we are doing what we are doing outside of our own borders. The mission became unclear to the folks executing the "mission". The division between our government and the people our government are suppose to be serving is almost on different planets. It makes it very hard for folks to justify what they did in Iraq and Afghanistan. I believe this was a similar situation to how veterans felt about Vietnam. What did we accomplish there... I think there is more questions then answers.

As far as "spending it here", our government seems to be very adept at wasting money while actually worsening outcomes. Billions spent on schools, War on Poverty, Great Society, etc, etc, with outcomes worsening. School performance at all time lows for recent years, violence increased, stores closing due to crime. If money could fix it, it would have been fixed long ago. Exceptions, of course are natural disasters; Maui, train derailments, environmental disasters, e.g. Flint. Those could use money but seem to not get it.

Any CEO worth his salt would have fired a CFO with such poor performance, and to their credit, the House just did; promised a lot of things and didn't deliver. Just more excuses. We need to start thinking of politicians as regular employees; are they doing the jobs we hired them for? If not, fire them.

I wouldn't vote for RFK, Jr. as his energy policies would leave poor folks with no way to heat their homes or get to work, or afford food. But he is shaking things up. As is DeSantis.

AFAIK, Israel just wants to defend their country; they aren't asking for US boots. Nor, I think, do they want hundreds of billions.

And there is a vast difference between the general officers and the actual troops. I'm sure KB and his buddies, and I know for sure, my SIL, when receiving fire, weren't thinking about global warming or gender ideology. More like, "I'm about out, you got any? Yeah, I can spare a mag."

Get rid of 90% of the generals, replace them with hard-charging majors and sergeants who know how to fight battles as their priority rather than jockeying for a board seat at Raytheon, or playing politics.

As far as "spending it here", our government seems to be very adept at wasting money while actually worsening outcomes. Billions spent on schools, War on Poverty, Great Society, etc, etc, with outcomes worsening. School performance at all time lows for recent years, violence increased, stores closing due to crime. If money could fix it, it would have been fixed long ago. Exceptions, of course are natural disasters; Maui, train derailments, environmental disasters, e.g. Flint. Those could use money but seem to not get it.

Any CEO worth his salt would have fired a CFO with such poor performance, and to their credit, the House just did; promised a lot of things and didn't deliver. Just more excuses. We need to start thinking of politicians as regular employees; are they doing the jobs we hired them for? If not, fire them.

I wouldn't vote for RFK, Jr. as his energy policies would leave poor folks with no way to heat their homes or get to work, or afford food. But he is shaking things up. As is DeSantis.

AFAIK, Israel just wants to defend their country; they aren't asking for US boots. Nor, I think, do they want hundreds of billions.

And there is a vast difference between the general officers and the actual troops. I'm sure KB and his buddies, and I know for sure, my SIL, when receiving fire, weren't thinking about global warming or gender ideology. More like, "I'm about out, you got any? Yeah, I can spare a mag."

Get rid of 90% of the generals, replace them with hard-charging majors and sergeants who know how to fight battles as their priority rather than jockeying for a board seat at Raytheon, or playing politics.
Not sure how getting rid of 90% of generals and replacing them with sergeants would help the military function, and every general I’ve met used to be a hard-charging major once upon a time.

The US gives Israel billions of dollars a year. We have literally given them hundred of billions…much more than we’ve given Ukraine.

Not sure how getting rid of 90% of generals and replacing them with sergeants would help the military function, and every general I’ve met used to be a hard-charging major once upon a time.

The US gives Israel billions of dollars a year. We have literally given them hundred of billions…much more than we’ve given Ukraine.
Well, since their main concerns now seem to be global warming and equity, rather than how to successfully fight wars, maybe they've lost a step or two.

Well, since their main concerns now seem to be global warming and equity, rather than how to successfully fight wars, maybe they've lost a step or two.
I have GOs roll through here and give talks about every other week, on average. Not one has talked about global warming and equity. All of them are talking about war against a peer competitor. Not sure where you’re getting your information from.

I have GOs roll through here and give talks about every other week, on average. Not one has talked about global warming and equity. All of them are talking about war against a peer competitor. Not sure where you’re getting your information from.

And many others. Blinken just said nuclear war is nothing compared to the temperature rising 1.5 degrees in the next 10-20 years.

So it's there, whether you want to believe it or not. And, my SIL has good relationships with his GOs. But they aren't the ones calling the shots.

Last edited:

And many others. Blinken just said nuclear war is nothing compared to the temperature rising 1.5 degrees in the next 10-20 years.

So it's there, whether you want to believe it or not. And, my SIL has good relationships with his GOs. But they aren't the ones calling the shots.

Summary of report-

“The United States Army War College recently released a report exploring the significant impact climate change will have on national security and U.S. Army operations, and offering a set of urgent recommendations. The second sentence of the report sets the stage immediately, stating “the Department of Defense is precariously underprepared for the national security implications of climate change-induced global security challenges.”

The report details the most eminent threats climate change poses to national security: severe weather events, mass migration, diminishing global freshwater supplies, changing disease vectors, Arctic competition, stress on the U.S. power grid and nuclear reactors, as well as sea-level rise.

In addition to addressing these broader climate security risks, the authors focus on the U.S. Army and highlight how diminished freshwater supplies jeopardize existing hydration practices. Currently, the Army relies heavily on bottled water and local wells in the theater of operation to hydrate troops when they are deployed. The Army lacks in-house hydration capacity: the Brigade Combat Teams, for example, have not been able to support their own water needs since 2015.

Reliance on external sources for water poses a serious threat to Army mobility and capacity. This threat expands as environments around the world grow even hotter, increasing troops’ demand for water. As stated by the authors, “The US Army is precipitously close to mission failure concerning hydration of the force in contested arid environments.” To mitigate this risk, the report recommends the Army explore advanced technologies that capture ambient humidity and recycle water for reuse.

At the pole, melting ice in the Arctic is opening a new zone of competition over Arctic transit routes and natural resources. The report argues that the Army must improve training and equipment to prepare for an expanded role in the Arctic. To highlight the importance of U.S. Army investment in Arctic operations, the authors draw attention to Russia’s ongoing renovation of its Soviet-era Arctic bases and expansion of its “Arctic Army.”

The report also highlights how the Army will be called on to respond to domestic and foreign infectious disease outbreaks due to its unique proficiency operating in challenging environments. The Army must prepare for an increase in frequency and intensity of these disease outbreaks as changing disease vectors and a warmer, more humid climate amplify tickborne diseases and malaria.

The authors advise the Army to prepare for future restrictions on fuel use by running simulations using virtual and augmented reality.

Finally, the report recommends that the Army engage proactively in climate change-oriented campaign planning to anticipate future climate conflicts and mass migration in countries like Bangladesh. Incorporating future challenges into today’s budgets will distribute the cost of adaptation.

Climate change is radically altering the theater of operations and the homefront, increasing the challenges the U.S. military faces at each stage of its national security mission. This report echoes the need to more fully incorporate climate threats into our security awareness and military readiness.”

Which parts of this do you think the military should not be preparing for? Would it be better off pretending the physical environment of the next hundred years will mirror the last hundred years?

I haven't much changed my opinion. My SIL has served multiple tours, in multiple lands, lost many friends, and for what, exactly? Please enumerate what we "won". OK, a few of the big guys, OBL, Soli, etc., FAFO. Maybe more Mossad style next time.

"When the battle is over, and victory's won(or not)
Everyone mourns for the poor man's son"

For those who are so eager, maybe urge your sons to forgo college for a while. The Marines Are Looking for a Few Good Men.
As General Smedley Butler said, "War is a Racket." A very good pamphlet written by someone who had been there and done that.

I become more and more convinced that these conflicts are scripted, and part of a larger plan to keep enriching those that Butler and Eisenhower warned us of.

Think maybe, since the Ukraine debacle is circling the drain, that the next shift of our attention has been pointed toward Israel? Iran?

What's next?

Billions spent on schools, War on Poverty, Great Society, etc, etc, with outcomes worsening. School performance at all time lows for recent years, violence increased, stores closing due to crime. If money could fix it, it would have been fixed long ago. Exceptions, of course are natural disasters; Maui, train derailments, environmental disasters, e.g. Flint. Those could use money but seem to not get it.
On the school thing, I found this article interesting. It’s schools literally funded and run by the government. Maybe the difference is these kids have parents that give a damn.

I agree, not every problem is fixed by money, but arguing it shouldn’t be spent isn’t an argument to fix it either. Same with money spent elsewhere. Maybe it made sense to cut funding and impose sanctions on Venezuela in 2019. Crushed the economy so that now thousands of Venezuelans are showing up at our border. A net win or loss?

On the school thing, I found this article interesting. It’s schools literally funded and run by the government. Maybe the difference is these kids have parents that give a damn.

I agree, not every problem is fixed by money, but arguing it shouldn’t be spent isn’t an argument to fix it either. Same with money spent elsewhere. Maybe it made sense to cut funding and impose sanctions on Venezuela in 2019. Crushed the economy so that now thousands of Venezuelans are showing up at our border. A net win or loss?

Interesting article. My son goes to a DoD school…it’s as good as the author says, and the difference between it and local schools is stark.

Your damn right. With a little bit of laughter and a little bit of WTF lol

To be honest with you, there is nothing worse then war. But I would agree there is not much upside to surrendering I can imagine, which is why they will keep fighting. Its a sad thing that human beings deem it necessary to eliminate generations of men from a region. Almost like its programmed into our brains. I come from a generation of Marines that fought in Afghanistan during IMO the worst point of that war between 2009-2014. That was bad.... This is unimaginable to me.

If indeed we are in this stalemate. What breaks it? American Boots on the ground? All of NATO Boots on the ground? I dont know, but I really hope its not my kids that end up there. I'm at this point in my life now that I understand my parents feelings when I told them I'm joining the Marines. These folks at the top are so far removed from the reality of what that thing is, and they know they dont have to put on a flak Jacket and walk into a warzone. Its their kids, or grandkids.
This is the correct answer. Lots of internet warlords in the USA, who never took the oath, strapped up and went over seas. If you haven’t been to war, respectfully STFU. You opinions are akin to those who read an elk hunting book but have never stepped foot on the mountain. Pray that war doesn’t come, that your/ our children don’t have the bear the cost of it. I really wish the Ukrainians well in defending THEIR homeland, but we do not belong there, at this point the endless cash flow there is a giant waste. It’s their country they can fight for it, just like I wouldn’t expect anyone else to come to our rescue if we were invaded. It would be up to us.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dtownsend
Back