UA Drops Bowmar

Here is the issue. The video was NOT in good taste...and the reaction was not either. I have zero desire to hunt with a spear.....ever. But it was legal. UA should have said that they may not approve of the method of take or the reaction of the hunter but it was LEGAL. UA dropping this sponsorship was exactly what the people in opposition wanted. They got their way.... and UA did nothing to voice their support for the hunting community..... They just bent over and pacified the small opposition. THAT is the issue here. 2 years ago I looked at their RR line of clothing....and went with a Sitka system instead. Glad I made this choice. These people cannot continue to get their way just because they are offended...or don't approve. Pretty soon arrowing a rocky mountain elk with a broad head will bring the same reaction if we don't all stand together. Keep that in mind next time you take your hard earned money to the store to purchase outdoor clothing. Do you want to buy from a company that lives and breaths the outdoors like Sitka, Kuiu, etc....or buy from an athletic company owned by shareholders that have a teeny weeny division of their company that profits from outdoorsman. We are all under a microscope as hunters. Its important to put our best foot forward at all times. Sad world we live in.

Throwing a speer into the guts of a bear and celebrating like you just scored the game winning touchdown in the super bowl is disgraceful to all hunters. I have no problem with speer hunting but this was distasteful. UA dropping the woman's sponsorship was the easy way out for them though and I won't be buying any more of there overpriced gear. They offer a mediocre product at a sitka price point anyways.

This entire thing is a chit show. I don't wear a single piece of UA gear, I prefer Sitka, but the so called outdoor tv personalities, the "athletes", and others posting this stuff to social media need to have a come to jesus talk.

Two weekends ago I was given the opportunity to watch a tv host shoot a deer in the azz with an arrow and another tv personality shoot a deer with a mechanical that only penetrated about two inches. It all good because the first got her deer and the second deer was found at some point way after the hunt was over and she was able to get her rack.

Randy is seriously the only reason I continue to watch outdoor tv. That same night his guest hunter kept his head, while the cameraman was losing his, and refused to take a potentially horrible shot. I'll take that tag soup anytime over what I saw that night on other shows.

UA took the cheap way out. They should have never been placed into a position to do so.

Last edited:
Randy is hands down the best ambassador for our sport by a long shot. I honestly enjoy watching his shows and I'm deeply grateful to have him on our side.

-I agree UA shouldn't have dropped them, but a private message to the Bowmar's would have been acceptable if they didn't like the video.
-I don't own UA because I choose other brands that are better priced and better built.
-I don't like the celebratory nature of some videos, it shows a lack of taste and respect, IMO.
-We should stick together better as a demographic. When we splinter into factions we become weaker.

In my opinion the underlying issue is the pathetic need to broadcast every freakin piece of your life, just to try and get a follow, or a like, or a retweet, or?

I understand those of us on this site (and similar sites) filling our tags, and posting a picture on here to share our success with peers.

When you put EVERYTHING out on the web for worldwide scrutiny, you will eventually get burned.

I hunt for a deeper reason that to splash a dead animal all over instagram, facebook, snapchat, twitter, youtube etc!

Obviously ambassadors of ethical hunting like Randy, are obliged to do so, but for the average Joe, I just don't see the need.

Just the opinion of an old fart..

-I agree UA shouldn't have dropped them, but a private message to the Bowmar's would have been acceptable if they didn't like the video.
-I don't own UA because I choose other brands that are better priced and better built.
-I don't like the celebratory nature of some videos, it shows a lack of taste and respect, IMO.
-We should stick together better as a demographic. When we splinter into factions we become weaker.

I agree with every one of these points. Only thing I would add is to be critical of the brands that we support as a consumers and as outdoorsman. Do these brands support you back or are they just interested in your money? Pretty clear where UA stands. I have a few pieces of UA clothing that I will be giving to my younger brother. He is just a freshmen in HS and he doesn't really understand all of this at this point. Just that UA is a cool "athletic" brand and that its fun to hunt. As for me...I am out. Pry will do the same with my fishing gear.... HUK is kicking their rears in this market as well! Ha.

Last edited:
Unless you are a shareholder, UA owes you nothing. They are publicly a traded company with $3B in revenue, if you make up a story about being robbed in Brazil, beat dogs, lose your 7 bike riding titles because of doping, put a stupid video on the internet or anything else that could negatively impact shareholders expect to be dropped like it's hot.

I can't imagine how many "pro-business" folks out there are getting all touchy feely butt hurt over this very pro-business decision. Fricken bleeding heart hunters.

It was strictly a business move.
Maybe, as someone stated before, it is a very small part of their revenue. If that is true, the will absolutely drop someone, cut their losses and move on. Maybe they can afford to just have a small share of the market. I don't know. What I do know for business sake they had to do something to distance themselves from this situation. Any other business would have done the same thing.
That video was not in good taste and Bomar never should have posted it

I get why they dropped them. One thing I thought of today is UA has Spook Span on there staff. That dude had a handful of game violations in a few states.

It sickens me more that they keep that guy while dropping these folks.

I didn't like the video. I think the dude had stones but he could have acted better. I think UA took the easy way out.

With that I will still buy their athletic gear. Their shoes have become my new favorite. My last 5 pairs of nikes have been sub standard.

If I were UA I'd cut ties with the d-bags b/c they showed poor judgment and are completely replaceable. Send a message to the rest of their "athletes" to toe the line or take a hike. Just end the convo and move on to selling gear. So much easier.

The sad part is that people like the Blowmars focus on themselves like they're special and not the animals, the hunting experience, conservation, etc. Anyone taking that many ass selfies and look at my muscle shots has a narcism issue fed by cell phones, the internet and adoring followers that make them think they're something better than the rest of us b/c they workout religiously and blow protein farts on each other.

There are a few in outdoor TV that get it and focus on the things that make the outdoor experience great. Teddy Brosevelt here with his spear isn't one of them. Maybe they'll learn a lesson, but I doubt it as long as they keep getting more people following their selfies.

If I were UA I'd cut ties with the d-bags b/c they showed poor judgment and are completely replaceable. Send a message to the rest of their "athletes" to toe the line or take a hike. Just end the convo and move on to selling gear. So much easier.

The sad part is that people like the Blowmars focus on themselves like they're special and not the animals, the hunting experience, conservation, etc. Anyone taking that many ass selfies and look at my muscle shots has a narcism issue fed by cell phones, the internet and adoring followers that make them think they're something better than the rest of us b/c they workout religiously and blow protein farts on each other.

There are a few in outdoor TV that get it and focus on the things that make the outdoor experience great. Teddy Brosevelt here with his spear isn't one of them. Maybe they'll learn a lesson, but I doubt it as long as they keep getting more people following their selfies.

Thank you.

It amazes me how little hasn't brought up concerning the behavior of the hunter involved. The fact is he jumped around like a screaming idiot. If you want to be with the big boys and be a professional it's best you should start by acting like one

Cameron Hanes most recent podcast (#6), is he and Joe Rogan. They spend about an hour and a half talking about this incident and the wider issue of hunter responsibility when it comes to portraying hunters to the non-hunting world. Really good conversation IMO. Rogan, an MMA obsessed comic who enjoys psychedelics ,has the most level-headed and reasonable take on the issue I've yet to encounter. It's also clear the Cam Hanes "gets it" - "it" being the responsibility one has to portray hunting as a respectful and legitimate activity to a world that largely doesn't understand hunting.

That was amazing.

So I had to look in instagram....I'm sure she's a really nice person that like to tell you about herself.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160824-085644.jpg
    Screenshot_20160824-085644.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 383
Back