This guy won't get to walk.

Anytime, Lee. I know a spot right down by Rosemount we could probably knock one down at. You can still buy a OTC Archery tag for Area 510. the archery tag is good for all of May. Let me know we can put a plan together for a few mornings before work maybe.

I just picked up the funky chicken in hopes to have the same results. Sounds like it worked for you. I have heard stories of toms beating the crap out of it but didn't know if that was just flextone marketing it. Not certain to believe if it is a great decoy or if a turkey will just come in to about anything.

My belief is that combining any decoys that replicate a jake breading a hen, are going to set the toms off. I bought the flextone, because it was cheap. I am no expert, but I think the instinctual response that is triggered when they see that jake trying to breed one of "their" hens, negates the need for a extremely realistic decoy. Those boys threw caution to the wind, and came in from 150yds out on a dead run, they were seeing red.

I bought a set of 3 collapsable decoys from Bass Pro Shop for around $40. It's got a jake and 2 hens. They look pretty realistic and I'm happy with them.

We gonna try those bad boys out on some Merriam's next week, John? I may have accidently picked up an extra tag when I bought my bear liscense.

Hell to the yeah!! I've only killed two turkeys in my life, (they were about 30 seconds apart) and my buddy helped me...so you need to school me on this turkey hunting...lol

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FelixMarvin
Back