Yeti GOBOX Collection

The Rinella Effect

The Hedgehog

About 6 months back Meateater ran a show on his buffer zone elk hunt in MT. Always a tough permit to draw since there's only 5 tags. There's usually some apps from my household that go in for the buffer zone with no real anticipation to draw, as it's always been a less than 1% odds type chance. I noticed first choice apps 5 years ago was 680. Odds always get a little tougher and I noticed they go up by about 50 first choice applicants every year. Until this year. Apps went from 1058 to 1310. :) His shows are always well done and I did get sucked in. My view contributed to dollars. I'm not gonna lie, it was gratifying to watch Rinella take a busted up dink spotted from the highway, with several days of season left.

Are people still watching Meat Eater the show? I haven’t been able to find the time and interest since they got pulled off Netflix. I guess I just figured the podcast had become the money maker and the show was basically just YouTube shorts at this point.

Are people still watching Meat Eater the show? I haven’t been able to find the time and interest since they got pulled off Netflix. I guess I just figured the podcast had become the money maker and the show was basically just YouTube shorts at this point.
There are still things I really like, but it is tough. Really hard for me to enjoy watching the show once they started going on expensive guided trips with baseball players, country stars, and industry insiders; riding side-by-sides, and generally doing very little DIY boots on the ground public land hunting. In some ways, I am glad that's the direction it's gone, because less spots are getting blown out. I only listen to the podcast if the guests interest me, but I do watch the trivia every week and like how much they give to conservation. The cookbooks are pretty good too.

There are still things I really like, but it is tough. Really hard for me to enjoy watching the show once they started going on expensive guided trips with baseball players, country stars, and industry insiders; riding side-by-sides, and generally doing very little DIY boots on the ground public land hunting. In some ways, I am glad that's the direction it's gone, because less spots are getting blown out. I only listen to the podcast if the guests interest me, but I do watch the trivia every week and like how much they give to conservation. The cookbooks are pretty good too.
One click was all I gave if you can look the other way on the FHF gear bino harness I picked up last year.

Big game hunting is mostly a spectator activity nowadays. 10% people hunting and 90% people experiencing vicariously through videos of the 0.1% of people filming.

I drank a lot from that well. It’s entertaining as shit, but it’s toxic to everyone. No more for me. No Newberg or Rinella, or really much of anyone else for about a year and a half now. I wish I had quit sooner.

Big game hunting is mostly a spectator activity nowadays. 10% people hunting and 90% people experiencing vicariously through videos of the 0.1% of people filming.

I drank a lot from that well. It’s entertaining as shit, but it’s toxic to everyone. No more for me. No Newberg or Rinella, or really much of anyone else for about a year and a half now. I wish I had quit sooner.
Same. Growing up I couldn't get enough of Eastman and realtree monster bucks etc. Haven't watched any of it in a year or two.

I've been mildly interested in Rinella and Meateater. No longer.
In fact I'm pretty pissed at that DB for mentioning locations.
Case in point.
Powder River turkey hunting episode.
As a result there has been a virtual bomb of NR running all over that country this year. Any BMA with land on or near the river. The BMA I have hunted for 30 years in that vicinity has been pounded. Guys from the South and Midwest shooting anything to fill tags. I saw one jake and one mature Tom. Shitwipe on ridges I've never seen a boot track. The Knowlton area has always been a sleeper. Friend of mine hunting Ekalaka yesterday talked to some guys from Missouri who asked about Knowlton.
It's done. I'm done there.
Everyone go to Knowlton.
Good job Rinella.

Like, share, subscribe and buy the merch so someone else can keep doing what you wish you could do. I get seriously confused that more people don’t recognize it

It’s amazing how uninterested I have become in the shows they are putting out. I don’t care about duckhunting or any hunting in Texas or any deep-sea diving, etc. I occasionally watch an episode of western hunting or Alaska. The only podcasts that I listen to is when he has on an author that I am interested in. And all of the podcast commercials are are for side-by-sides and trucks. I even saw a Facebook ad for what looked like meat eater guided hunts. They’ve really gotten away from their core business.

Last edited:
Case in point.
As a result there has been a virtual bomb of NR running all over that country this year. Any BMA with land on or near the river. The BMA I have hunted for 30 years in that vicinity has been pounded. Guys from the South and Midwest shooting anything to fill tags. I saw one jake and one mature Tom. Shitwipe on ridges I've never seen a boot track. The Knowlton area has always been a sleeper. Friend of mine hunting Ekalaka yesterday talked to some guys from Missouri who asked about Knowlton.
Everyone go to Knowlton.
Good job Rinella.
Who wants to watch turkey hunting anyway? Almost as boring as watching bass fishing.

Case in point.
Everyone go to Knowlton.
Good job Rinella.
Man, I can't even bring myself to Turkey hunt around home, I can't imagine traipsing all over the country on a "Turkey Tour" 😂. Who has that kind of free time anyway!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back