Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Thank you Montana

jrabq

Thank you Montana for giving me the chance to go moose hunting. And I cashed in last Tuesday AM with this nice bull!

Also nice to know some really nice Montanans; Pete Muennich of Bozeman came down to help break down the animal and pack it out (see 2nd photo). Last year I drew a goat tag and Pete accompanied me on the hunt, and I took a nice billy with his help, so thanks again Pete!

The last photo is my attempt to "bear-proof" the meat while it cooled down overnight. Not sure 7 feet is really griz-proof, but in theory I would have heard the ruckus and could fill my roof with 45 cal holes. A squirrel or some small critter did wake me up once, it was hard to go back to sleep after that. Anyway, made it home with all the meat last night.

I'll fill in some hunt details later.

Attachments

• DSC00599 red2.jpg
    DSC00599 red2.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 1,438
  • DSC00781 red2.jpg
    DSC00781 red2.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 1,444
  • P1010669 red2.jpg
    P1010669 red2.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 1,444
  • P1010679 red2.jpg
    P1010679 red2.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 1,443
Congratulation on the moose tag and moose.

The last photo is my attempt to "bear-proof" the meat while it cooled down overnight. Not sure 7 feet is really griz-proof, but in theory I would have heard the ruckus and could fill my roof with 45 cal holes.

Now that is funny stuff!!!

Very nice. Congrats!

You don't happen to have Pete's phone number do you? He looks like he can handle a heavy pack!

Very nice. Congrats!

You don't happen to have Pete's phone number do you? He looks like he can handle a heavy pack!

Yes, I have it on speed-dial, but for some reason I can't find my phone right now :)

Back