Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Texas bar sues church over lightning strike!

noharleyyet

ONLY IN TEXAS...

Beer Joint Sues Church In Mt. Vernon, Texas

Drummond's Bar began construction on an expansion of their building to increase their business.

In response, the local Baptist Church started a campaign to block the bar from expanding, with petitions and prayers. Work progressed right up until the week before the grand reopening, when lightning struck the bar and it burned to the ground!

After the bar burning to the ground due to a lightning strike, the church folks were rather smug in their outlook, bragging about "the power of prayer". The bar owner sued the church on the grounds that the church "was ultimately responsible for the demise of his building, either through direct or indirect actions or means."

In its reply to the court, the church vehemently denied all responsibility or any connection to the building's demise.

The judge read through the plaintiff's complaint and
the defendant's reply, and at the opening hearing he commented, "I don't know how I'm going to decide this. It appears from the paperwork that we have a bar owner who believes in the power of prayer, and an entire church congregation that now does not."

(True Story)

Ya but the world is ending in eight days....

MARATHON COUNTY (WAOW) -- A Christian group is predicting the end of the world in nine days.

Billboards across the country are advertising this including one in Marathon County. The billboard outside Hatley says judgment day is coming May 21.

The billboard's sponsor, Family Radio, says the Bible proves this. According to its website, Family Radio uses a formula to predict the day the world will end. The formula states that day will come 7,000 years after the flood in the days of Noah, which the group claims is May 21, 2011.

Family Radio's website urges people to pray to be among the few that are saved before the world is destroyed.

Newsline 9 asked people along Highway 29 in Marathon County what they think.

"They claim a lot of times that the world's gonna end but it never seems to," said John Blaschka. "I really don't get too worried about it."

"The billboards, they're there," said Dee Duckett. "But as far as the message, if the world ends, it's going to happen and there's nothing we can do about it."

Family Radio is based in California, but the group's website says its programs are broadcast around the world.

Online Reporter: Daniel Woodruff

Attachments

• Judgement.jpg
    Judgement.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 475
I got one by my house too... I make fun of it all the time....eternal damnation will likely be punishment for said mockery!

At least Drummond's has a Judge that Thinks.....Good thing it's Texas and not Hollyweird, or Baaaston !

The judge really has a point. I gotta ask, what were those people praying for?

I hope the judge is a faithful man throws the book at those hippocrits.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back