Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Talked myself out of a 7prc today.

I have acquired a rather large number of hunting rifles over the years, and usually with big plans for each one with its specific purpose that will be the perfect fit for an upcoming hunt. However, almost every time I end up grabbing my old 7mm rem mag out of the safe at the last minute and use it instead. Sure is fun buying shiny new guns though!

I made a new years resolution of no new guns in 24. So far, so good, however the real test will come in the August-October time frame.

My daughter and I needed a new rifle for upcoming potential elk hunt that we will get results on soon. While many guys say you don't need a 7PRC and specs this and specs that, blah blah blah, for us it came down to we are gonna buy something and why not go with a new caliber that has impressive stats. There's factory ammo available now and we can reload in the future. I have all the parts now and just need to get it all put together and broken in and start getting it dialed in. While I'm excited I'm also not going to rush it as I want to do it right.

Thought I had to have a rifle of every caliber(ish) from 24-33, excluding some of the oddball metric stuff. Figured out I grab the same rifles over and over, and I’ve started reducing some of the ballistic similar stuff. So far I’ve been able to resist the prc, but I’ve only got one 7mm, and it’s not even a magnum. I need to quit looking at gunbroker.

I've talked myself out of a 7prc multiple times. I get close to 3000 with 147s and 3315 out of 124Hammers in my 6.5PRC (they are spicy loads). Not much would survive a correctly placed shot from either.

Burning tons of expensive rare powder is a tough pill to swallow
I'm barely able to crack 3000 with 139 hammers using vv 565. What powder were you using?

Should be easy to keep considering you already possess that beauty hump back in your pic.
That's my "Franken five" LOL
Belgian action, Japanese barrel and browning factory stalker stock because I felt guilty taking the original stock in the duck boat, but man it sure does swing nice.
There's always one more I seem to be looking for though.

Back