T/C Encore

Rooster52

I always thought a lot of the T/C rifles but bought my first Encore in308 Winchester.The barrel has a lot of side to side slop.This will be my last T/C for me.Shoots good but to poor quality control for me for the money it cost.

Ive never shot the rifles, but I have had a couple of the Encore handguns. I got hooked on them when I drooped the hammer on a Contender 30-30. Went out and bought myself an Encore in 243. I was younger and need some fast cash and sold it. Years later I found a pretty good price on a Encore pistol in 270 Win. That was a hand cannon. The recoil was a little much for me. I kept it for a while thinking about buying more barrels for it, but decided to send it down the road. I would buy another one on a 243, 308 or 35 Remington, pistol that is. Im not sure how the quality control is on them nowadays. The ones I had were solid guns. I think Smith and Wesson bought Thompson.

Have a 270Pro Hunter...ugly, terrible trigger. All it does is consistently use up very little of the center of the target.

I bought an Encore about 10 years ago. I thought it was a great rifle until I actually tried to hunt with it. I had a 7mm and a 22-250 barrel. It shot ok but was clumsy in my hands. Prairie dog shooting on a rest would result in the muzzle touching the ground when chambering rounds. I sold the whole shebang for a big loss after about 3 years of collecting dust in the safe.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back