Sweet Hunting trip

Hunt2921

Well it was opening day of rifle season out here in Arkansas on Nov. 12. I took off on Friday the 11th along with my dad & grandpa, we were going to camp. We got up early and left for camp. Like 5:00 am early, we wanted to get our spot. We've been camping at this spot for like 10 years now. It's turned into a tradition for us to camp there.
We pulled in and we started up the weed eaters and started cutting the grass and small trees. We got the camp sight cleared then we unpacked. We got everything set up around camp then we went and set up the ladder stand for grandpa. Well it was a $100 ladder stand from walmart and it was nice. We drove the four wheeler right to the tree and set it up. The stand was comfortable, which was nice because grandpa has 2 bad knees.

Finish more later.
:cool:

Well that was a good thing to do, getting grandpa out of the house.

Going the extra yard to make sure he can is priceless.

Thanks for the story... :)

You sound like such a nice young man. What a great boy scout thing for you to do. I think that you should definately get a merrit badge for that good deed. You forgot to tell everyone about the 1/2 gallon of JB that you drank. :D hahahahaha Just kidding my man. How did the hunt go?

Yo wally, there aren't a whole lot of nice young men out there. This one sounds special.

Hunting was slow.

Well gramps really enjoyed the ladder stand we fixed up for him, but the hunting was slow. We had bad weather; rain, wind, and more rain. We all seen some does but that was it. We had a great camp and really glad Gramps and us could get together and have a great trip. Hopefully we can kill one next year.

Pooh :D

You guys are going to go camping next weekend aren't you? Maybe you'll gettrdun next camp.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back