Subaru Outback - opinions/reviews

We are presently wearing out our second Outback. My truck is an F-150, but the Outback has a lot going for it. GREAT in snow, especially compared to a pickup. I have a Yakima basket rack on top and have put most of a bull elk in it; a canoe and cooler on many other trips. Gas mileage isn't great, but it's better than the Ford. Take care of the fluids and it should go 150-200,000 miles.

This all sounds overwhelmingly positive.
We bought her current car 2006 pontiac g6 in 2006 and while it has been a reliable drive train it was never what we wanted.It now needs more in repairs then it's worth. After six years without a car payment its sure going to hurt.

I've owned two legacy's and my 1991 was probably my favorite car I've owned. I bought it with 50k on it, put 150k on it with countless trips to the mountains for snowboarding, driving miles of FS roads, two trips across the country and hundreds of daily commutes.

Stud it all the way around in the winter and it will take you anywhere.

I bought it for $5,200, put only oil and one timing belt in it and had to swap out one CV boot and that was it.

Trader Joe's has the best instant oatmeal I've found. Also, their dark chocolate covered almonds are pretty good too. I'm headed there this afternoon to get my food ready for a Mount Rainier expedition.

The other good thing about the Yakima roof basket is that it makes it a lot easier to find the car in a crowded parking lot.

My wife has had one for the last 3.5 years and has put 75000 miles on it. It has been great. I am thinking about buying a second one for me. It gets 28mpg on the highway and has all time 4wd. That is tough to beat. Plus, the thing is put together in Indiana and I'm a Hoosier thru and thru

Love mine. I beat the hell outta my first one running from grouse covers to trout streams and through places my buddy's 4x4s would get stuck. Drove it to 250k w/o worry. Did the head gasket at 170k and other than brakes/skins/oil, ran just great.

Second one is only up to 135k, had to pay for another head gasket job on this one back around 120k or so. Put a set of Blizzaks on one in the winter and you have to REALLY work to get it stuck.

I liked mine so much my parents bought one and are now on #2. The newer ones don't have the timing belts so that's nice, plus the extra room is nice as well.

Just gotta get the rainbow sticker for the back windshield...

Funny stuff here. But the truth is they really are good 'cars'. Had an outback as a work car a few yrs ago and I was amazed (as were others in the car) what it could get through. Never let me down.

P.S. Maddog 20/20 is better than twobuckchuck.

Bought an outback with 5 miles on it in 2002. I've taken it on lots of scouting trips, even drive it during pronghorn season when I know I wont be off of main county roads.

Just turned 190,000 miles on it last week, been a great car.

CV axle, brakes, oil, replaced the timing belt at 130,000...thats it.

Never knew there were so many closet subaru owners on here...:)

As far as the shaving goes you shouldn't worry about your wife not shaving her body. You should worry about her making you shave yours.:D

Funny stuff here. But the truth is they really are good 'cars'. Had an outback as a work car a few yrs ago and I was amazed (as were others in the car) what it could get through. Never let me down.

P.S. Maddog 20/20 is better than twobuckchuck.

It's 3 bucks now, inflation...

Averaged 32 mpg in my '05 outback over 750+ miles of driving the past weekend. Can't really complain about that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back