Caribou Gear Tarp

Sports Illustrated calling it quits?

Power move by Arena Group in response to Authentic trying to squeeze more money out of them. I suspect SI will still exist as they get this worked out. Money fixes most disagreements. We will see if SI will have more AI generated content.

By the time they airbrush photos there is not much difference from good AI. Would rather see that then a guy in a swimsuit on the cover.

Power move by Arena Group in response to Authentic trying to squeeze more money out of them. I suspect SI will still exist as they get this worked out. Money fixes most disagreements. We will see if SI will have more AI generated content.

Well, they could set it up in AI mode, push the "start" button, and walk away while SI would continue to generate content in perpetuity. Probably the way most human entertainment will be one day soon, including the sports themselves.

We are F'ed, you know. Totally, but y'all knew that, right?

1995 or 6, I was around 11 years old. We were staying at Fairmont Hot Springs, and while perusing the gift shop in the lobby, for the first time in my life I was drawn to the curvy trap of the cover of an SI Swimsuit Issue. Too embarrassed to look at it in the presence of my folks, or even the employees working there for that matter, I strafed the magazine rack like a starving thief and hatched a plan.

Later that evening, after a day of waterslides, I told my folks I was gonna go play in the arcade. I had brought a few bucks from home, and that made sense to them. I beelined it for the gift shop, grabbed the magazine and went straight to the counter. The old lady working there asked me, "Are your parents ok with this?" "Oh yeah", I said. I shoved it under my shirt, ran up to our room, and hid it in my suitcase.

I bet I had that thing for 5 years, maybe till the internet made its way into our house. Kids these days don't realize how hard you used to have to work for sinful ganders.

1995 or 6, I was around 11 years old. We were staying at Fairmont Hot Springs, and while perusing the gift shop in the lobby, for the first time in my life I was drawn to the curvy trap of the cover of an SI Swimsuit Issue. Too embarrassed to look at it in the presence of my folks, or even the employees working there for that matter, I strafed the magazine rack like a starving thief and hatched a plan.

Later that evening, after a day of waterslides, I told my folks I was gonna go play in the arcade. I had brought a few bucks from home, and that made sense to them. I beelined it for the gift shop, grabbed the magazine and went straight to the counter. The old lady working there asked me, "Are your parents ok with this?" "Oh yeah", I said. I shoved it under my shirt, ran up to our room, and hid it in my suitcase.

I bet I had that thing for 5 years, maybe till the internet made its way into our house. Kids these days don't realize how hard you used to have to work for sinful ganders.
*Montgomery Ward catalogue flashbacks

Memory of getting a Marilyn Chambers autobiography, of sorts, when I was in 7th grade. Adult version. Bought at a gift shop of all places.🙄

Reminds me of the old ratty framed picture of a lady on a car my brother and I found in an alley. We rode that sucker home on our bikes and hid it behind our trash can container for years. Eventually, we forgot about it. Years after we moved out, like ten or fifteen probably, we were bullshitting and got to wondering if that thing was still there. And it was! You couldn’t even tell what it was anymore…but we still laugh about that one 😂

I was of the Farrah Fawcett generation too. But, in my dorm room, had Chrissie Evert hitting her backhand. Poetry in motion. FF just sitting there. Meh. Chrissie had bigger...ground strokes. Classiest lady in tennis.

Contrarian as always.

As for SI, as you sew, so shall you reap.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back