Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Son Passed Hunter Safety

nbell

My 8 year old son passed his hunter safety class. To say dad is proud would be an understatement. He has been reading all the hunting regulations he can find a decided we will be bear hunting in August. (First season he can find that opens) Going to get him doing a ton of shooting this summer and ready for fall. Right now I don't seem to care if I find anything to shoot. This year will be dedicated to getting him on lots of animals, if it works out I shoot something, great, but want his experience to be as awesome as possible. I'm pumped to have my new hunting partner shooting rather than tagging along watching.

When he gets older, your son will realize how important you were in passing the tradition of hunting on to him. It took me a while to realize that the reason I love hunting and fishing so much was all because of experiences with my dad and now I won't ever let an opportunity to hunt with him pass by. You just got yourself a lifetime hunting partner!

Great news!!! Congrats to both.
Let the great times and memories begin...

My oldest is 16 and I can still remember when he passed his course and how excited he was to get to hunt. My little one is now 10 and she is straining at the reigns to go (CO is a 12 yo for big game state)!! I think I will be able to get out with me on at least on of my ranching for wildlife hunts this year and hope she keeps excited. Congrats to you and him. Wishes for great adventure to come!

My middle daughter took and passed hers last year, and killed her first deer last fall. Words can't describe how much fun it was.

She wears her camo coat to school. :D

congrats to your son on passing the course and to you for having a life long hunting partner. good luck this fall.

WTG buddy and dad! Another to our ranks! GOD bless & good huntin'

Back