MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Smallest muley

JCS

This is the smallest muley I have killed in 15 years. I hope everybody feels sorry for me.

The oil activity where I live is crazy. Lots of people, traffic, etc. I think where I hunt, this is going to be the biggest I see anymore.

Public land
7mm
154 gr interbond.

I was actually trying to fill my antelope tag. I spotted some antelope about a mile and a half from the road. I started walking to find the lopes.When I peek over the hill where I thought the antelope would be, they weren't there. This guy and his buddy were laying out in the open.

I crawled up to 75 yards of the deer and watch this guy for about a half an hour. I was trying to decide if I wanted him. I thought about last year and all the people and less deer. Boom. It was all over.

Well, now I am a mile and a half from the road with no way to pack him out. I was antelope hunting and I just throw them things over my shoulder. I walked to the nearest ridge and looked out. Low and behold, there was a stock tank with a road to it. I walked back to the truck, drove to the stock tank, drug the deer 100 yards and loaded the deer whole.

In my 20 years with my wife, she has never seen a whole muley in our garage. This was her 1st one. All the others has been in pieces in my pack.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• deer2014 001.JPG
    deer2014 001.JPG
    268.6 KB · Views: 954
  • deer2014 038.JPG
    deer2014 038.JPG
    225.6 KB · Views: 949
Last edited:
This is the smallest muley I have killed in 15 years. I hope everybody feels sorry for me

I'm having a really hard time with that. :)

Do you think the oil activity has brought more hunters? Guys working the oil fields?

Either way I'm a little envious. Your smallest deer would be one of my better ones. Thanks for sharing and congrats.

If I couldnt do any better than that,I would just quit :D

I'd shoot "small" bucks like that all day long!

Sucks about the change in scenery, although it seems like you have had a pretty good run!

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back