Caribou Gear

Sen. Rosen Introduces Washoe County, NV Land Sale Bill

Lucky_Lep

Just saw this today. Haven't had a chance to look into the details at all but thought I would post here in case others already have the 411, or after looking at the details have opinions for/against this proposed public land sale.

The proposed lands that compromise a majority of the "disposal" are just to the east of the Pah Rah NCA. This area is good habitat for deer, antelope, upland game etc. I'm sure it would have a huge impact on the few antelope that remain in the Pah Rah range right there. The feral horses are already bad enough up there, I'm sure they would turn it into the same as the virginia range horse issues like southeast Reno have. As it is written and shown, I'm not a big fan of this bill.

Also not a big fan of this bill. That area in Palomino Valley and the Pah Rah range is not only good habitat for resident animals, but a migration corridor.

This bill is rearing it's ugly head again. Will see how far it gets.

For those interested in following this Bill, please go to this site:
https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/senate-bill/3593/text. Under the title you can sign up to get automatic alerts, you just have to create an account.

The Bill is currently in the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee. You can find the members at the bottom of its home page here:
https://www.energy.senate.gov/ Click on their names to be brought to their individual webpages where you can then contact them directly.

And you can always find your own members of Congress here:

Last edited:
Nevada is a Democratic state now,all Blue. Rosen will sell everything to get a kickback.

Nevada is a Democratic state now,all Blue. Rosen will sell everything to get a kickback.
As of Feb. 2024, total voter registration in NV is 1,937,225. Total Democrat registration is 592,008, or 30.5%. So, we're really purple; the difference is the 70% are fractured, and the Dems stick together.

As for the land deal, I am still trying to figure it out. One thing that jumped out to me (and hopefully the public land experts on this forum can weigh in), but how/why can Rosen propose selling land to the Reservations? Doesn't Chemehuevi Indian Tribe v. McMahon, 934 F.3d 1076 say the Reservation lands are owned by the federal government? So, while the federal government has granted the tribe Sovereignty over the administration of the Reservation land, it still belongs to the federal government.

So how/why can Rosen propose selling land to a Tribe? Who is actually going to "own" the land? What is the agenda she is trying to feed? Green New Deal? Water Rights? Immigration/Voter demographics? ???

Interesting text to the bill. "if not used for recreation purposes, shall revert to the United States."

My problem is that this is the state of Pat McCarran, the slimiest public land thief who ever lived.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back