Scotland red stag hunt

devon deer

Firstly read the following:
see https://www.nature.scot/professiona...es-licensing-z-guide/deer/deer-authorisations
They are going to hammer the red deer population in Scotland.

Where can you hunt?
Well Scotland is stunning, and you can get a nice stag for around $1300, stay in airbnb and it can be a cheap trip, especially with the exchange rate.

South of the border, Cumbria, the Lake District.
Norfolk has some huge red stags.
Somerset/Devon, well I'm biased towards Devon, but they can be difficult to locate unless in the rut.

Firstly read the following:
see https://www.nature.scot/professiona...es-licensing-z-guide/deer/deer-authorisations
They are going to hammer the red deer population in Scotland.

Where can you hunt?
Well Scotland is stunning, and you can get a nice stag for around $1300, stay in airbnb and it can be a cheap trip, especially with the exchange rate.

South of the border, Cumbria, the Lake District.
Norfolk has some huge red stags.
Somerset/Devon, well I'm biased towards Devon, but they can be difficult to locate unless in the rut.
I am going to give it another try with our friend this fall......I HAVE decided and it will be more than a week this time!!! The exchange rate MAY lead to wee dram or 10 ;)

Thanks for posting. Is the $1300 you mentioned for private land access? If so, is this easy to find?

Thanks for posting. Is the $1300 you mentioned for private land access? If so, is this easy to find?
Private estates, if you can find a sole trader guide it can be cheaper. My friend is a stalker on Blair Atholl estate, there is a classic highland hunt, but expect to pay £750+vat @20% There is zero public land hunting in the whole of the UK

Funny, I've been watching red stag hunts in Scotland on YouTube the past few days. We're looking at doing a vacation to Scotland in fall of 2025 and I am considering adding a red stag hunt. Being a non-guided public land hunter that hasn't done anything of this sort before, it's a bit daunting.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back