Scientists: Only 10 Percent of Big Ocean Fish Left

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>it has been my observation that just about every problem in this world can be directly linked to OVERPOPULATION!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with that! I think our government needs to start taxing people for each child they have, instead of the other way around by giving more and more tax breaks to people with children, and the more you have the less taxes you pay. Why reward the people who have the most children when that is what causes just about every problem there is in this world.

I think the 2000 census showed nearly zero population growth from the birth and death cycle but immigration both legal and illegal showed an increase in our population here.

I guess the point I'm making is even as our population growth slows (baby boomers dying off and outgrowing the reproductive years) the third world continues with having litters instead of families.

How does this tie into pressure on food supplies from the ocean? Not real sure, I can draw a direct correlation in my mind but can't get it on paper. I guess part of my thinking is I've never seen a traditional Mexican dish based on tuna.

Washington Hunter,

I agree 100% with what you are saying but the battle you want to take on has 0% chance of winning. Start a petition, I'll sign.

Paul

well washington hunter i`m glad to hear that you know that it`s a major problem[population] i thought i was the only one who feel`s this way . i have been called radical,extremist,impracticle,etc. about this subject,and i feel that this is never talked about in political circles, never once heard the repub`s or dem`s bring it up. everything is about growth and greed, it has to reach a breaking point someday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Failure2Adapt
Back