Savage axis of Tikka T3?

Eric.MN

Looking to buy a new rifle this winter, a 25-06.
Any one know which one would be better? I having a hard time deciding between the two.

I believe there is a pretty big difference in price between the two. At one point in time this year an Axis could be had for less than $300 while the Tikka runs around $600. I would give the Tikka the advantage over the Axis.

The average Savage Rifle model 10/110 would be a better comparison in which I would give the advantage to Savage.

What Mthunter said. If you want an axis priced gun more like the Tika check out the Ruger American.

I don't mind the price duffernce but I hear
Good things about the savage accutrigger.
I wouldn't mind spending 600 but I want accuracy and reliability.

Son has an axisll in 243. The "ll" is an acutrigger model and his is a shooter. Enough so that I'm contemplating aquiring one of my own, so just one caliber ammo on a hunt. He has the package with the weaver scope, which is nothing special, but gets the job done. For a youth rifle, lightweight, economical, and seems to be pretty well put together.

Last edited:
The Ruger American trumps the Savage Axis (it has a very similar trigger), and the Tikka T3 trumps both of them. Pretty much that simple.

I have owned a couple savages, I never liked the accutrigger. I am an archer, and I like a very soft trigger pull. So the safety blade feature on the accutrigger never worked well for me. I sold my savage and bought a Tikka t3, and it is the greatest rifle I have ever shot. I honestly cannot find any fault with this rifle. The grouping is awesome, and the trigger very easy to pull and crisp (no flinching!).

The Ruger American trigger is adjustable.

Last edited:
Savage and Ruger, while acceptable arms, are not in the same class as Tikka.. or Sako..

Yea I really like the T3 but one gun shop was trying to talk me Into the savage axis ll and its 300 less then a tikka T3 so I had to pose the question. Having all the good responses on tikka and how nice they feel, I think I have a new xmas gift for myself

Last edited:
Back