RMEF and wolves

Just got an email from RMEF on a wolf hunting survey.

What's weird is that when I follow the link to the survey it starts me off at 45%.

$50,000 was offered to FWP. So far, $51,000 has been donated to this voluntary fund. FWP has agreed to accept the money. It is restricted to use for Wildlife Services response to problem wolves. Not sure if the payment has been made yet, or not.

RMEF had/has an account set up to receive donations for this purpose. I suspect people can still make donations. Anyone want to contribute can call HQ in Missoula.

Hope that helps.

It is about time the RMEF got envolved in something besides just habitat. They have stayed too neutral for too long as far as I am concerned. Years ago, they ignored me when I wrote a letter addressing some of my concerns in New Mexico. They did not even have the courtesy to respond to my letter.

I have not joined since because I feel like if I don't contribute a ton of money, I don't count anyway.

sbhopper you need a new attitude i can understand the frustration, but RMEF has been stepping up big time. Any money spent no matter what counts.

I don't think that it is an attitude problem. I just, plain don't like to be snubbed by somebody that claims to want my donations.

They have always said that they would not get envolved in the politics, but deal only with habitat. If you don't get envolved with the politics, then the animals and the management thereof is going to suffer, habitat or no.

I hope that they are starting to broaden their approach a little.

I don't think that it is an attitude problem. I just, plain don't like to be snubbed by somebody that claims to want my donations.

They have always said that they would not get envolved in the politics, but deal only with habitat. If you don't get envolved with the politics, then the animals and the management thereof is going to suffer, habitat or no.

I hope that they are starting to broaden their approach a little.

I think if you look at some of the recent moves by the RMEF it's clear they are moving deeper into the "political" arena, both with their comments on wolf management as well as with the comments on the use of funds received by non-profits from the sale of auction tags. I'm proud to be a member and of their platform and how it represents the average sportsman. I plan on getting more involved with the organization and hope to see a continuation in their tone towards all areas of conservation and wildlife management!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back