Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

proposed national gun buy-back

Not a chance...doesn't matter anyhow, I already sold all my guns to someone at a gunshow...can't remember the name for the life of me. But the hoodlums will be stealing OUR guns at a higher rate to get some cash. Seems like a quick way to increase gun crime to me!

I wonder if I could get rich if I bought every rusty old gun sitting in local pawn shops and then sold them to the Gov.Just a thought.

Here in Illinois, a downstate guns rights group takes donations of unwanted guns all year (mostly old, broken crap), then takes them to Chicago when they have their highly publicized gun buy-backs, (to keep the streets safe and so forth), sells the worthless junk to the do-gooders in Chicago, then donates the proceeds to a kids' shooting camp.

A guy I know from Australia said they now have more guns than they did before their 650,000buyback/stealback, just no semi-autos. Violent crime went up as I understand it.

Here in Illinois, a downstate guns rights group takes donations of unwanted guns all year (mostly old, broken crap), then takes them to Chicago when they have their highly publicized gun buy-backs, (to keep the streets safe and so forth), sells the worthless junk to the do-gooders in Chicago, then donates the proceeds to a kids' shooting camp.
I really really hope this is true.

Let me get this straight.

I spent MY money for a gun.

You want to take MY money and spend it taking my gun away? And you think I will like it or accept it?

A move like this will turn a bunch of citizens into law breakers with the stroke of a pen. (Including me)

I highly doubt guys like Sen. Baucus wants to have another gun control bill to vote on prior to the next election. Doubt Tester supports any such bill.

There are a few other democrats vulnerable on the gun control issue, Mark Pryor of Ark, Mark Warner of VA, Mary Landrieu of LA, Tim Johnson of SD, Mark Begich of AK,

No way a very liberal gun control bill gets through those guys who have to face the voters in 2014.

Most likely a forced gun buy back wouldn't pass muster with the courts and if pushed would be a political death wish for any moderate Democrat forced to vote for it. No way massive gun control bill makes it through the Senate only to be killed in the House. At best limits on magazine capacity and a run at reinstating the AWB. Highly doubtful the AWB would survive a vote in the Senate either.

Nemont

I highly doubt guys like Sen. Baucus wants to have another gun control bill to vote on prior to the next election. Doubt Tester supports any such bill.

There are a few other democrats vulnerable on the gun control issue, Mark Pryor of Ark, Mark Warner of VA, Mary Landrieu of LA, Tim Johnson of SD, Mark Begich of AK,

No way a very liberal gun control bill gets through those guys who have to face the voters in 2014.

Most likely a forced gun buy back wouldn't pass muster with the courts and if pushed would be a political death wish for any moderate Democrat forced to vote for it. No way massive gun control bill makes it through the Senate only to be killed in the House. At best limits on magazine capacity and a run at reinstating the AWB. Highly doubtful the AWB would survive a vote in the Senate either.

Nemont

Yup. And every day that passes it gets harder and harder to pass this kind of legislation. Our society runs on instant gratification and the next big thing. Sandy Hook will be but a faded memory (for better or worse) in next to no time.

That's a lot of dough since many states look like this...except I don't have any I'd take 5 bills for.

texasgunowners.jpg

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back