PEAX Equipment

Predator call sequences with Johnny Stewart Executioner

Westexas92

I got a Johnny Stewart Executioner today and have recently been getting in cayote hunting here in Colorado. The call has 100 sounds with just about everything you could imagine. You can set four QSETs that you can 5-6 sounds and play them on a sequence, if you want.

I was wondering what call sequences some of you predator hunters use for different times of day and year? Any advice is appreciated.

They are coming into mating season so if you new to this try and learn what the vocals are. Otherwise stick to distress sounds I try and avoid rabbit anymore since I think every coyote in the lower 48 has heard a rabbit call

They are coming into mating season so if you new to this try and learn what the vocals are. Otherwise stick to distress sounds I try and avoid rabbit anymore since I think every coyote in the lower 48 has heard a rabbit call

Okay I'll look into that. My plan was to stay pretty basic with distress calls and just take note on what works and build on that

I have an alpha dogg made by primos. It has alot of pre programmed sequences as well. I went saturday and sunday morning and didnt see or get a response from rabbit distress or territory barks and howls. Not sure what they are responding too right now. I should of tried mating calls i guess but normally dont start that until late january.

I have an alpha dogg made by primos. It has alot of pre programmed sequences as well. I went saturday and sunday morning and didnt see or get a response from rabbit distress or territory barks and howls. Not sure what they are responding too right now. I should of tried mating calls i guess but normally dont start that until late january.

Yeah I went out last weekend and didn't get any responses on distress calls and some challenge barks and howling. This new call has a ton of sounds so I'm excited to try them out and see what works.

Same up here. Not a lot of coyote hunter in my neck of the woods but I have absolutely zero luck calling anything in with a rabbit distress. Maybe one came in with a bird distress but that is it. A lot more luck with some various pup distresses or fighting.

3 F’s in order. Fornicate, Food, and Fight. Read One Last Stand. It’s a quick informative read available from Amazon.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back