Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Potential Colorado elk hunt guided....

WIbunker

So this is my first thread post, but I'm new to elk hunting. My father, brother and I may be going on an elk hunting in Colorado. We were referred to Behrman Outfitting out of Maybell, CO. I was wondering if anybody else had any experience with his Outfitting? Or knew anybody who has? I know it's not DIY, but I'm just looking for some help if this is a good hunt/outfitter?
Thanks for any information!

Did you ask the Outfitter the right questions in an interview as to what to expect, hunter success in the past, and then get past hunter references to follow up with? I think the Outfitters get a lot of questions from would be hunters about their success odds in shooting an Elk. To that question, I think a lot of Outfitters would like to tell them; "I can show you a shoot-able Elk, if you can get to where you need to be when he's available, and then shoot straight". Point being, you need to do your part and be in shape.
Colorado Outfitters must be licensed with the State Dept. of Regulation, (D.O.R.A.). If there are actual formal complaints against them, they would be on file and available. I would be surprised though if many folks actually go that route and file a written formal complaint with the State. Other than being on record, I'm not sure much would happen beyond that anyway, unless it was ultra serious.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrturtle
Back