Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Post your Mystery Ranch pics

Here's an ugly guy with a crewcab and his ridiculously good looking pal's longbow in the background, and his mule deer from November - when everybody else was creaming the elk populations down lower.

Attachments

• mlbuck.jpg
    mlbuck.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 3,453
  • mlbuckpack.jpg
    mlbuckpack.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 3,470
Longbow is the cats ass, but I'd say snag a 6500 for the longer duration trips.

2010 spring MT bear with longbow

Attachments

• mtbearpack.jpg
    mtbearpack.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 3,462
some bear shots with longbow packs while hunting in Wyoming this last spring..

Attachments

• WY24.jpg
    WY24.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 3,395
  • WY22.jpg
    WY22.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 3,312
  • WY18.jpg
    WY18.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 3,320
  • WY2.jpg
    WY2.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 3,332
  • WY1.jpg
    WY1.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 3,414
  • wylb2.jpg
    wylb2.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 3,406
  • wylb1.jpg
    wylb1.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 3,402
  • WYSnow.jpg
    WYSnow.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 3,651
The pictures I posted are just from 2010 hunting. I use those MR packs a ton. I'd be up all night attaching photos if I went back over the years linking up images to animals stuffed inside the crewcab. MR makes some great hunting equipment - bulletproof and well designed.

Thanks for the pictures... I snagged a Crew cab a while back for real cheap, then a buddy got a 7500 and so i bought his 6500... But recently I have been debating on getting the longbow more for scouting, short summer camping bowhunting, bla bla but it sure looks like it can hold quite a lot. Ill prolly end up getting one and deciding between it and the crew cab after.

whole Antelope

2.jpg

Buschy was nice enough to load the rest of this buck in the Longbow.

IMG_4947.JPG

It took a year to recover from the frostbite, but I am buying another tag this year. Can't fix stupid. :eek:

Here are a couple more recent pics with the MR.........so many uses, even carrying diapers:)

Attachments

• Pack Zach-1.JPG
    Pack Zach-1.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 2,849
  • Steep Pack Out.jpg
    Steep Pack Out.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 3,793
  • Zach meat pack.jpg
    Zach meat pack.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 2,809
  • Pack 1.1.jpg
    Pack 1.1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 2,856
  • matt 4.jpg
    matt 4.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 2,829
  • Diaper Pack.jpg
    Diaper Pack.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 2,938
  • Mystery Ranch Baby holder.JPG
    Mystery Ranch Baby holder.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 2,865
For you more experienced Longbow users: how well would the Longbow handle a load like in Critter's second to last photo? Ie, how hard would it be to strap on a very large bag of boned out meat?

I don't currently have a good pack and was looking into getting one and haven't heard of Mystery Packs. From what Big Fin said, it sounds like they are fairly popular? Looking at the pictures that guys have posted, it looks like they are quite versatile and can take a fairly large load. I went onto their website and it looks like their are a few different models. For anyone that has one, what model do you have and what would you recommend? Thanks.

Back