Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Paging Gellar!

Good recap Gellar. It was a good, close dual all the way around. I just finished watching it, I couldn't watch last night.

One question for you, I was expecting to see Drake Ayala at 125. Why was it Ybarra at 125 instead?
I think he’s got a minor injury. Brands talked about it after the Ohio state dual. I was surprised to see him not go as losing to hildebrandt would not have hurt his big ten or national seed. It could have only helped him.

Enjoyed the big 10 special on the Brands Brothers after the match. I grew up idolizing them as wrestlers.
Gellar, you’re right about not getting wins where they’re not supposed to. Gable did it, and Cael seems to have it figured out as well.
I watched it for a little bit. I will have to catch the rest of it but the big ten network does a good job with those shows.

Spencer Lee would be the difference maker here. 125 would have been 4 for Iowa instead of Penn.
After thinking about this it makes you realize how dominant spencer lee was. It could have been an 8 or 9 point swing if he majored or teched hildebrandt. How he just manhandled everyone from the top position. I wish they would have fixed the knee right away last year and he’d be back. I would not be surprised to see him go straight to freestyle, but doubt that he will do that.

I watched the gable Stevenson vs Paris match before the Ia vs psu dual. Gable is like no one else ever. He was winning 6-4 going into the third and won 18-8. The score was close at the beginning of the third but it wasn’t a close match he was in control and he flipped a switch and dominated that guy just to erase any hope that Paris had from his memory.

After thinking about this it makes you realize how dominant spencer lee was. It could have been an 8 or 9 point swing if he majored or teched hildebrandt. How he just manhandled everyone from the top position. I wish they would have fixed the knee right away last year and he’d be back. I would not be surprised to see him go straight to freestyle, but doubt that he will do that.
I agree, that's what I was thinking last night when I made that comment. It would have been at least an 8 point swing in Iowa's favor. It is amazing how he manhandles everyone. My freshmen son will sit and watch Spencer Lee videos on YouTube and he has actually made huge improvements this year by copying some of the things that Spencer Lee does. It will definitely be interesting to see what he does after he heals up from his knee surgeries.

Not Big 10, I know, but I was just looking at the schedule for my Oregon State Beavers, and if I want to go watch them wrestle, it will have to be next Friday night. We don't follow them closely, but it would keep my boys interested in the sport if we go and watch.

QQ

Not Big 10, I know, but I was just looking at the schedule for my Oregon State Beavers, and if I want to go watch them wrestle, it will have to be next Friday night. We don't follow them closely, but it would keep my boys interested in the sport if we go and watch.

QQ
I think that would be a good activity to take your boys to.

If you look back at last year's ncaa finals Lee and Eierman match was almost a replica of this dual meet. Also the Kemerer and Starrocci match was pretty similar. The rankings were just the opposite last year. Same results though. I watch Iowa wrestle Ohio State and Iowa looked a little flat, but at Division 1 you better be at your best.

QQ
Pretty cheap family entertainment. For a regular meet to an Iowa dual most tickets are less then $10.

If you look back at last year's ncaa finals Lee and Eierman match was almost a replica of this dual meet. Also the Kemerer and Starrocci match was pretty similar. The rankings were just the opposite last year. Same results though. I watch Iowa wrestle Ohio State and Iowa looked a little flat, but at Division 1 you better be at your best.
Living in Iowa many people think are experts on wrestling and training for wrestling because their kid placed 8th at pee wee state! People get real worked up when a Iowa wrestler comes out flat like they do against lesser opponents sometimes, but as a fan you have to remember the coaches and athletes are working to peak in March. They may have been in the middle of a hard training cycle and they were whipped before the match. Having seen how those guys cut weight, prepare for a match and cool down from a match is unbelievable. I would guess that even after going to double overtime kemmerer and starrocci both went for a run or rode the stationary bike for a half hour last night after the meet.

Living in Iowa many people think are experts on wrestling and training for wrestling because their kid placed 8th at pee wee state! People get real worked up when a Iowa wrestler comes out flat like they do against lesser opponents sometimes, but as a fan you have to remember the coaches and athletes are working to peak in March. They may have been in the middle of a hard training cycle and they were whipped before the match. Having seen how those guys cut weight, prepare for a match and cool down from a match is unbelievable. I would guess that even after going to double overtime kemmerer and starrocci both went for a run or rode the stationary bike for a half hour last night after the meet.
I wouldn't doubt that, that's why those guys are at the top of the podium. Division 1 sports are a different animal. I mainly watch Iowa alot because one they are always good and two they have some Pennsylvania boys there.

I was there. Good meet. Nonstop action.
I assume it is you under the same username who occasionally trolls people on the Iowa wrestling rivals forum? I don’t post there or even have an account but I thoroughly enjoy reading what kind of hysteria they have created each and every day.

I assume it is you under the same username who occasionally trolls people on the Iowa wrestling rivals forum? I don’t post there or even have an account but I thoroughly enjoy reading what kind of hysteria they have created each and every day.
I don't think that I troll. If you can find an example let me know. I think that I'm very nice and I hardly post. Maybe I'm wrong.
Heck, I even congratulated them on the championship last season.

I'll bet it was a lot of fun. I didn't watch it until the next morning, but I was on the edge of my seat for each bout.
I think that all my fingernails are gone!!!! Lots of great action!!!!
The one thing that I did notice was the sale of alcohol had an effect on the fans. Been there numerous times and this time was different.

I think that all my fingernails are gone!!!! Lots of great action!!!!
The one thing that I did notice was the sale of alcohol had an effect on the fans. Been there numerous times and this time was different.
I was disappointed to see/hear a fan threw a beer can at the psu bench. Historically Iowa wrestling fans are very knowledgeable and respectful of great wrestling.
I don't think that I troll. If you can find an example let me know. I think that I'm very nice and I hardly post. Maybe I'm wrong.
Heck, I even congratulated them on the championship last season.
I didn’t mean to say it like it was bad. I think think it’s hilarious how incredibly dumb some of those posters are.

I was disappointed to see/hear a fan threw a beer can at the psu bench. Historically Iowa wrestling fans are very knowledgeable and respectful of great wrestling.

I didn’t mean to say it like it was bad. I think think it’s hilarious how incredibly dumb some of those posters are.
Yep. The can was thrown from the section right next to me.

I’m watching penn state and Ohio state tonight. OSU is sending out some reserves but the nittany lions are looking to score from any position and continue to score no matter time or score in the match. I can’t stand Shane sparks though.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oilsubsidy
Back