OYOA Needs your help

LB That would be a good gift for one of the younguns. Oh well, main thing is that we get ONYA and BF in the running. Gotta make some heads swim.

Thanks agains, guys. Greatly appreciated.

Just a heads up, so I don't get flamed for Spamming. We are sending out an E-blast to everyone on our email list, asking them if they would give ust he favor of a vote. You will all get that email unless you previously unsubscribed from our E-blast service.

And just to make sure people don't think we are just Spamming them, at the bottom of the email there are instruction as to how you can reply to the email and be entered to win the OYOA apparel prize package (a vest, hoodie, shirt, hat, AND a truck decal).

Thanks again for all your support. We are swamping them with votes. Your continued efforts will get us across the goal line.

Another vote sent. Will be sure to continue the write-in effort.

I feel like a Chicago Democrat in the 1960 election :D

Another vote sent. Will be sure to continue the write-in effort.

I feel like a Chicago Democrat in the 1960 election :D

1960? Hell, from a couple posts I have read on other sites, it seems more like the election of 2008. One guy posted that his dead Grandmother was voting for Pigman.

We don't need the votes of the deceased. Breathing bodies will suffice for our victory.

Ten days left. Thanks again to all of you.

Finally made it to a computer so I could vote. After going through the ballot though I realized something. Why am I paying for a channel with crap like this on it when I could just buy the DVDs from the shows I like and probably pay less than I spend for a year of this channel? I guess since I just set the DVR for the shows I want I never realized how bad some of the other shows are. The way I see it the ballot reads like this;

#1 PigMan - My only hope is that this show never ends up being played in front of a congressional hearing to ban hunting. In the few episodes I have watched and they have been few the image of hunters portrayed by the Pigman beam with anti hunting fodder. A quick look at his fans comments on the S C facebook page reveal the type of people he appeals to.
North American Whitetail - To be honest I cant tell it apart from the other whitetail shows. It looks like another whitetail show about hunting from a tree stand or blind over a feed plot.
BackCountry Quest TV - I'm not sure how this show got it's name but the episodes I have seen have never been in the back country. If it had been named back 40 or perhaps back yard quest it would have been a less deceptive title.
Territories Wild - I have to admit if I wasn't going to write in OYOA, which I did, I would have voted for this show. At least it has some scenery!
Whitetail Properties - Yep another whitetail hunting show see North American Whitetail.

#2 Not interested but I do catch a Guns and Ammo episode know and then.

#3 The 3 most worthless shows on TV in no particular order: Watching someone play golf, Watching someone sit in a boat waiting for a fish and Watching someone hunt ducks. All are great to do, all get better after a few beers but none are fun to watch. I did get to vote for a fly fishing show though at least they have a change in scenery.

#4 Respect Outdoors, G3 Sportsman, Beau Knows Outdoors - See explanation about duck and fishing shows.
Coming Home With Greg Stube - How can you not vote for this guy.
Brotherhood Outdoors - The only thing worse than having to watch union BS commercials is the fact that now they have their own TV show.

#5 I watch a few of these from time to time and didn't have a problem voting for Easton its not a bad show.

#6 Fred Eichler - See above
Stan Potts and Whittington - Another whitetail show
Hailey and G.O. Heath - I kind of like their show and if I hadn't written in Randy it would have been a toss up with Eichler
Pigman - See above
Chris and Casey Keefer - Still not in the back country

#7 I haven't seen most of these because of the DVR but I gave my vote to Larry, why not.

#8 That was easy, if you read this far you know what I voted for simply via process of elimination.

#9 I couldn't even throw out a why not vote on this one, No vote.

#10 Mule Deer - I love hunting mule deer. Just not in an open field next to a chopper loading a truck.
Whitetail Deer - I love hunting these critters too although I've only done it a few times and never from a tree.
Canadian Moose - Big moose + recurve bow + pink arrow = Vote - hysterical reaction by host still = vote.
Bighorn Sheep - A close second but I have a thing for moose
Alaskan Bear - 3rd place Nice bear Larry

#11 Stone Sheep Shot - I wonder what Freud would say about a show where the goal is to shoot things further away than most people feel ethical?
Backcountry Elk Shot - Yep Voted
Woodland Caribou - The sound was fading on my computer so I'm still trying to figure out what the deal was with the white shirt or whatever it was?
Double Turkey Shot - I like watching turkey hunting a little more than duck hunting but not much
Utah Bull Elk - See Stone Sheep above, add in the fact that if they couldn't have gotten to the next ridge without getting busted they don't belong out there. I keep waiting for one of these guys to end up in court after the guy in the bottom of the canyon they just shot over decides to return fire.

#12 No brainer that shot would be hard to top... ever.

Hey guys what the hell is BEAR WHISPER? Never even heard of that show! Heard of Dog Whisper on the Discovery Channel or something like that... Does this guy train bears?

Pigman was nominated for every single category I think. Are we really that out numbered? Really!!!

6Speed - That is beyond funny. I would to see you in charge of sponsorship decisions at the companies and their ad agencies.

Happy to vote for the show I watch the most and never channel surf during the breaks while I am watching....by the way from what I hear wolf does not eat well how about some of that elk you got and I will bring some beer:)

Last edited:
5 days in a row and counting....Still need to figure out how to get on the email list.

Thanks for all the votes.

If you are registered on the forum, you will be on the email list, unless you have previously unsubscribed.

Email did not get sent out yet. Web guys are swamped, but it should go out on Monday.

I just hope we don't get overrun with Texan's voting for Pig Man and Stan Potts! Good luck Fin....4 days and counting for me on the voting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back