Opening day ML in Va

I hunted the evening and had some decent chasing behind me and two looks at a mature buck. He is working on seven lives now and I hope I get a clear shot next time. Today was warmer and yielded a squirrel parade for my efforts.

I went in shenandoah county on public on Sunday and took my bow. Had a nice 6 or small 8 come through an hour after sunrise. In hindsight if I'd taken my muzzleloader I would've most certainly got him but thought one more weekend to try to get one with my bow because even though publics buck only for muzzy you can still shoot a doe until the 17th with a bow. This upcoming weekend should be peak rut though. I will be taking my muzzleloader

Last year, I got home from work for the opener. You know, the one that was 75 degrees all weekend. Gross. Didn't see anything mature.

This year, I had to work. Of course it was beautiful and crisp and my cell cameras were going off with nice ones. I have one last chance, though... grabbed a last minute ticket home to hunt a few days next week. Fingers crossed the forecast holds

Back